**Due to a high volume of inquiries and multiple hiring managers for these roles, please do not contact the hiring manager listed. Any inquiries sent to the hiring manager listed will not receive a response **
2021 Wells Fargo CIB Commercial Real Estate Analyst Program
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
When you start your career with Wells Fargo Corporate & Investment Banking, you're joining a team that is committed to your development now and over time. We are also deeply committed to the communities we serve, and to creating an environment where each team member's unique skills, experience, and backgrounds are embraced. We pride ourselves on being ranked the 13th Best Company for Diversity and the Top Company for LGBT employees by Diversity Inc., and on our perfect score of 100 on the Corporate Equality Index by the Human Rights Campaign.
The Analyst Program is non-rotational and provides the opportunity to gain experience working for one of the most well regarded financial institutions in the world. This is a 2 year program with a program start date of June 2021.
Analysts start with a comprehensive six to eight week training program in Charlotte before beginning work with their business unit. The training combines all the analysts from various lines of business and includes classroom instruction in financial accounting, cash flow, credit analysis, products, structuring, corporate valuation and financial modeling. Wells Fargo professionals and consultants with special expertise in their fields equip analysts with the skills, knowledge and tools to make an immediate contribution to their team. Analysts will also receive on-the-job coaching, mentoring, and feedback throughout their tenure.
We have analyst positions available nationwide, however, a majority are located in the following cities: Boston, New York, Washington D.C., Charlotte, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco and Los Angeles.
Wells Fargo Commercial Real Estate is part of the Corporate & Investment Banking division and delivers a comprehensive suite of capital markets, banking, and financial products and services. Commercial Real Estate provides financing services to real estate owners, developers, investors, and real estate investment trusts (REITs), through all stages of their growth and development. We've built the strongest commercial real estate relationship management team in the industry.
Our relationship managers handle transactions of different sizes, financing various asset types and classes in locations nationwide. Commercial Real Estate is a cyclical business, and our wide range of services gives us the flexibility to help our clients through even the most difficult economic cycles.
As an analyst you will be placed in one of the following real estate lending areas, however you may support multiple businesses. Openings are non-rotational and based upon business needs.
- Real Estate Banking: Provides on balance sheet loans to facilitate the construction, acquisition and repositioning of multi-family, office, industrial, retail, and residential properties, serving both regional and institutional private developers
- Senior Housing Finance: Offers a comprehensive suite of traditional banking and credit products, as well as other services, to the top owners, operators and developers of senior housing properties nationwide. More specifically, the group is solely focused on the private pay rental independent living, assisted living and memory care property types.
- Hospitality Finance: Delivers financial products and services specifically to leading hotel owners nationwide, including well-capitalized private owners and operators, institutional real estate funds dedicated to hospitality, and public REITs.
- REIT Finance: Delivers corporate banking products and services to public and private Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), including corporate-level lending, asset-level lending and capital structure advisory.
- Community Lending and Investment: Provides debt and equity capital for economic development, job creation, and affordable housing to our communities nationwide.
- Multifamily Capital: Provides non-recourse permanent multifamily and healthcare facility financing for experienced multifamily, senior housing and healthcare developers, investors and owners through Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and FHA programs.
- Real Estate Capital Markets: Meets the non-recourse, permanent debt needs demanded by today's commercial real estate owners through balance sheet and CMBS lending on stabilized commercial real estate properties in loan amounts of $1million and upwards.
YOUR ROLE AS A COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE FINANCIAL ANALYST
You will work closely with the relationship managers in your office to underwrite real estate and develop a deep understanding of market fundamentals and borrower's balance sheet profiles. You will also assist relationship managers as they meet with their clients on a regular basis to ensure we continue to meet their needs and to identify future opportunities. You will become an integral part of your office's team and have the opportunity to assume a significant amount of responsibility that may include:
- Assembling complex financial models that project the potential financial performance of an asset as well as underwriting risks associated with market demand, supply, net effective rents, expenses, capitalization rates, and tenant quality.
- Researching specific real estate markets and assessing market data and trends affecting demand generators, risk presented by new supply, and comparable properties.
- Identifying credit issues early in the underwriting process and recommending ways to reduce exposure.
- Preparing borrower/guarantor financial reviews as well as writing memorandums focused on a borrower's and guarantor's adjusted net worth, leverage, liquidity, and other key risk factors, including cash flows and ability to service debt.
- Partnering with relationship managers to structure multi-million dollar transactions.
- Reviewing and assisting in the development of loan agreements and ancillary documents related to the closing of a transaction.
- Participating in property tours and site visits to develop a deeper understanding of the viability of the real estate and the related transaction.
- Working alongside relationship managers ensuring compliance with Wells Fargo's 'Know Your Customer' BSA/AML requirements.
- Engaging vendors to facilitate ordering and analyzing third-party reports, including appraisals, property condition reports, environmental reports, and costing analyses.
For more information on Corporate & Investment Banking and our Analyst programs, please visit https://www.wellsfargojobs.com/university-programs.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Wells Fargo will only consider candidates who are presently authorized to work for any employer in the United States and who will not require work visa sponsorship from Wells Fargo now or in the future in order to retain their authorization to work in the United States.
- 6 months of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial analysis, credit analysis, statistical analysis, or statement spreading demonstrated through work or military experience; or BS/BA degree or higher granted prior to hire date
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- High level of initiative and accountability
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Solid problem solving and decision making skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree with an expected graduation date in December 2020 or May/June 2021
- Proven leadership, self-motivation and success through internships, part-time or full-time work, and/or extracurricular activities
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.