Job ID: 20741
Position: Application and Sales Engineer
Reports Cross-functionally to: Director of Engineering with a dotted line to Director of Sales and Marketing
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of approximately $5 billion. AMETEK has 17,000 colleagues at more than 150 operating locations, and a global network of sales, service, and support locations in 30 countries around the world. AMETEK is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: AME) and a component of the S&P 500.
Ametek - IntelliPower, Inc., located in Orange, California, has been designing, manufacturing, and supporting high-performance, cost effective rugged Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPS) and frequency/voltage conversion solutions to protect mission-critical applications since 1988. IntelliPower’s on-line, double conversion UPS, power conditioner and frequency/voltage converter solutions utilize digitally controlled, high-efficiency power switching technology that has been proven for over 33 years on numerous platforms. Our ability to design and configure quickly is based on our standard proprietary subassemblies that go into variations of our power systems as required. Our product configurator tools, and application engineers allow you to easily define your requirements and obtain your proposal for solutions that exactly meet your needs.
Ametek – IntelliPower is seeking an Applications Engineer for our Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) focused on military and industrial application. This position requires a seasoned, hardworking, smart and overachieving applications/sales engineer with proven experience and a passion for providing technology solutions to the IntelliPower customer base. This position is responsible for addressing the technical needs of the customer, both the internal and external sales channel and marketing group to ensure the acquisition and closing of business. Measures of success include new customer inquiry conversion rates, renewal rates, up-selling, cross-selling, customer satisfaction and contribution to overall sales team and business success. It acts as the technical bridge between the Customer Service, Sales & Marketing, Engineering/R&D, Program/Project Management, and Manufacturing functions. He or she will be engaged with the Engineering organization during product development to learn and understand the UPS system and will also provide relevant feedback on customer/industry use and direction to influence new product design. The Application Engineer will own product-related documentation. They must be able to succinctly comprehend technical problems and communicate solutions to all stakeholders. Previous experience in the Defense - Aerospace Industry is a plus. This person is a passionate, creative, goal-oriented engineer who is comfortable working independently and with internal/external teams. This position requires extensive hands-on work and a do-whatever-it-takes attitude to get the job done. Position requires passion for solving customer concerns and ensure customer satisfaction by taking issues to their logical closure. Some amount of travel is required.
• Primary engineering interface to customers and provide product Application & Technical support
• Support the Sales Channel with a feasibility analysis of the potential opportunity implementing solution selling into the prospective account base
• Partner with sales executives to plan, prepare and execute on-going and future technical needs
• Match customer requirements to a proposed IntelliPower product using standard, modified standard and custom solutions
• Develop presentations and demos that clearly communicate the value proposition and specific differentiators of IntelliPower at trade shows and customer sites
• Support of all technical aspects of RFP / RFI responses
• Assist in the troubleshooting of customer complaints by solving problems through coordinating efforts between several company departments.
• As needed, travel to customer sites to assist them in evaluating product performance and application
• Perform tests on UPS, battery & communication protocol integration scenarios
• Create and conduct training presentations to the sales channel in technical product applications, features and competitive characteristics. Develop product training for customers and sales representatives
• Develop knowledge base and documents customer’s products and applications for the targeted market segments
• Create/Support the customer’s technical documents including but not limited to Product Specification Document, layout drawings, user manuals and maintenance/service procedures
• Develop, utilize “Self Help” tools in conjunction with marketing to assist customers in selecting and applying the product into their specific applications (Technical & application notes, White papers)
• Monitor application related trends and requirements providing guidance to our internal and external sales channels and customers. Help feed those trends into our roadmap process
• Coordinate activities with leveraging IntelliPower resource teams to respond to customer inquiries and issues. Manage and support customer escalations for post sales troubleshooting