Rael is an award-winning, VC-backed personal care brand based in Los Angeles that provides clean, effective products designed to holistically support women throughout their menstrual cycles. The company was founded by 3 Korean-American women in 2017 with a mission to improve women’s wellness by making the most uncomfortable time of the month more comfortable, without using harsh chemicals. Rael’s products were created by marrying high-quality, sustainable ingredients like organic cotton with cutting-edge South Korean manufacturing technology to provide high-performing, cruelty-free self-care alternatives that are free of harsh fragrances, artificial dyes, parabens, phthalates, PFAS, and more. In 2020 we saw an opportunity to expand into skin care with Rael Beauty and we continue to build out both our feminine care and skincare portfolio. In total, we offer multiple solutions that alleviate everyday discomforts during a woman’s menstrual cycle, from her luteal phase breakouts to her PMS-induced cramps and everything in between. Rael’s products are available to purchase online on GetRael.com and Amazon.com (we are the #1 brand in the pad category!) and also in-stores at Target, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, and more.
Recently named “Wellness Power Player of the Year” in 2021 by WWD’s Beauty Inc., Rael is a globally-recognized brand and growing rapidly. If you are passionate about women’s wellness, a self-starter, and a go-getter, consider joining us to help create something meaningful for women all around the globe!
Note: We will be reopening the Rael office later this year and this role will be hybrid. Part-time work from home and part-time in the office. Please note that full COVID-19 vaccination is required for this job position.
What we seek:
We are looking for an innovative, passionate and creative Assistant Product Marketing Manager with experience in consumer goods to join our product marketing team. The ideal candidate will be in-tune with the beauty and personal care landscape, be social media savvy, have a passion for sustainability, and a great eye for trends. This is a unique product marketing/development opportunity for someone wanting to leave their mark in the women’s wellness industry.
As an Assistant Product Manager you are responsible for researching and identifying opportunities for the category. To succeed, you will need a deep understanding and appreciation for the consumer’s needs, the competitive landscape, customer relationship, business model metrics, and market dynamics. This role is for someone who is excited about the chance to dream up new product ideas and also has excellent project management skills to make concepts come to life. Most importantly, we would like you to genuinely love our products, brand and have a passion for the cause we believe in.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct market research to understand competitive landscape and trends to present impact on new and existing product assortment
- Support Director of Product Marketing with driving the product pipeline and product marketing initiatives to help guide product development and asset creation while building processes
- Help develop new product briefs to build product pipeline, work with cross-functional partners to gather all necessary information to ensure objectives are met
- Understand and advocate for consumer needs and preferences. Proactively look for opportunities to expand brand passion and improve consumers' experiences with product touchpoints
- Help manage artwork/packaging change requests and briefing in new packaging briefs
- Help prepare marketing presentations that include product features, benefits, claims, ingredients, pricing, and packaging to support all cross-functional team needs
- Maintain and update product calendar and distribution of monthly updates
- Supporting contact for cross-functional teams (Marketing, Creative, Sales, etc.) to ensure product messaging is communicated and updated as needed for product content and
- Work to identify product claims in partnership with Product Development
- Help coordinate clinical efficacy testing efforts to help support product claims and consumer facing product information
- Regularly conduct and share out market and competitive research and recommend product enhancements or whitespace opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 2-4 years of Beauty or CPG experience focused on product development
- An experienced marketer: someone with experience in a product innovation cycle, from concept to in-market execution (e.g. packaging, in-store display, communication strategy)
- A natural problem solver: someone who can deal with ambiguity and is able to multitask in a fast paced environment with losing sight of either the big picture or the details
- A born leader: someone with strong project management and organizational skills in order to effectively communicate cross functionally
- An excellent communicator: someone with the ability to deliver both written and verbal communication in a simple, compelling manner
- A team player: someone with a flexibility and willingness to take on additional responsibilities when needed
- An eye for beauty: A genuine interest in K-beauty products and trends is a plus!
- A passion for the Rael mission