Bring us your experience, your head for strategy, your strength with relationships and your eye for opportunity. In return we offer an unmatched place to grow and develop your career among a richly diverse group of businesses driven by the power and stability of a leading health care organization. Come help us heal and strengthen the health care system as you do your life's best work.(sm)
This position can be worked out of Eden Prairie, MN, Washington, DC or telecommute* from anywhere in the US.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide a full range of legal advice and support to Optum’s federal and state government businesses, advising on various government contracting-related issues and other public sector business matters
- Support proposal development and capture processes
- Responsible for structuring, drafting, reviewing, and negotiating complex agreements and associated documents with customers, vendors, subcontractors and strategic partners for various government and commercial transactions
- Responsible for drafting, negotiation, and regulatory compliance of national medical vendor contracts and amendments, including individual medical provider contracting; advise provider network team and business leaders on risks and issues related to same
- Provide legal support for clinical quality legal issues including direction of investigations under A/C privilege
- Assist with managing litigation matters in partnership with in-house and outside counsel litigation resources
- Proactively identify and resolve legal and related matters impacting the organization
- Work in partnership with the Compliance and Privacy teams
- Counsel senior management on strategic business initiatives and new product/service solution offerings
- Develop best practices for addressing emerging legal and business risks
- Other responsibilities as they arise
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Juris Doctorate degree
- Admitted to practice law in one or more states
- 5+ years of government contracting legal experience
- Experience with drafting contracts and commercial transactions within a health care environment, including health care regulatory, HIPAA privacy & security issues, and complex contract review, drafting and negotiation
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Experience with and demonstrated understanding of federal and state healthcare and privacy laws and regulations
- Experience with state and local procurement and commercial transactions
- Experience collaborating across a matrixed business and legal environment
Optum, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, continues to evolve and make a bigger impact through its extensive expertise in combining technology, data and people to create novel health care solutions and services across the globe. OptumServe is following suit by creating and delivering care that meets the health needs of active duty service members, veterans and their families. We're partnering with federal and state government agencies to meet the readiness and health needs of active duty military members and veterans by providing preventive health screenings and assessments to ensure that troops are ready to answer the call of duty. For those who want to intensify their impact in a career that brings together challenge, learning and growth, OptumServe is the right place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate general counsel, attorney, lawyer, JD, healthcare, government contracts, health care regulatory, Eden Prairie, MN, Washington DC, telecommute, remote, Optum, OptumServe, UHG, UnitedHealth Group