Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate Director, Government Programs Service Delivery position provides strategic & tactical leadership and oversight in developing “best in class” service delivery to internal and external clients across Medicare Advantage, ACA, and Medicaid programs. This role includes program management and capabilities mapping to support Government Programs performance accountability, Government Programs performance strategy, and matrix team coordination.
The Associate Director, Government Programs Service Delivery is responsible for ensuring that all critical processes are routinely measured against service levels, evaluated for ongoing operational integrity, and modified as appropriate to drive greater performance for our customers. They are the thought leader for the Government Program Service Delivery analyst team and will concentrate on development of capability documentation, partnership with implementation teams and driving process efficiencies across key Government Programs functions.
This position will drive data governance and operational integrity for Government Programs service delivery functional areas, supporting operational reviews with key stakeholders. This role will have management responsibilities, both for direct staff as well as for cross functional project teams.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Identify opportunities to improve service levels through the initiation of enhanced controls and effective monitoring systems
- Participate in the development of new functionality, serving as a liaison between business and/or technology partners, supporting the confirmation and documentation of core business requirements and comprehensive testing strategies
- Support monthly and quarterly operations reviews, incorporating data and stakeholder feedback to develop recommendations for targeted business process improvements
- Define and implement standards for ongoing data governance to ensure the integrity of all operational reporting and associated analytics
- Contribute to annual operational business plans that align with business plans that align with business priorities and evolving product strategies
- Actively drive service delivery strategy and execution, engaging implementation and account management team support partners that align to client assignments
- Communicate complex operational process solutions and/or training within a given complex operational process
- Coordinate with client management, implementation, and leadership to design a program strategy and operational plan to support customer service delivery goals
- Ensure a disciplined approach to decision-making and problem-solving, balancing the user requirements, scalability, and quality talent decisions across the enterprise
- Identify, track, and help resolve cross-functional dependencies and conflicts. Serve as a point of escalation for issue resolution when needed
- Translate business objectives into execution strategy (tactical and strategic), lead and successfully execute the strategy through strong collaboration and agile leadership
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience with government programs (i.e., Medicare, Medicaid or ACA Individual and Family products)
- 2+ years of experience managing teams
- 2+ years of experience with large scale client or vendor facing projects (TPA, PBM, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience working for a healthcare payer and/or PBM
- 3+ years of Business Analysis experience, including data gathering/analysis, documenting systems requirements and As-is/To-be processes
- Expert proficiency with MS Office applications, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and SharePoint
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience in data reporting, using tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, SQL or comparable tools
- Experience facilitating Lean or Business design sessions
- Experience working on a virtual team
- Facilitation training or certification
- Experience interfacing with internal and external clients
- Experience presenting to executive leadership
- Self-starter with proven experience to drive cross-functional teams to deliver exceptional outcomes
- Employs objective, collaborative approach
- Experience adapting in a dynamic and high-growth environment
- Exceptional written, verbal, critical thinking, organizational, problem solving and presentation skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.