Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate Director of Behavioral Transformation is responsible for various financial and strategic functions across Optum Behavioral, including program ROI analyses, metrics reporting and ad-hoc analysis. This person will also create in-depth financial models and analysis of program financial and operational metrics to evaluate and influence numerous aspects of the company's business performance.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Generating program financial plans and forecasts
- Membership analysis and impact on revenue payments and medical trend
- Providing finance support around existing contract reviews and new business opportunities
- Partner with Field-based leaders to understand and control operating expenses
- Lead development of business/financial case for specific initiatives or capital investments
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve processes and identify areas of improvement
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and evaluate new business opportunities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, mathematics, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in healthcare
- Experience building detailed financial models to analyze business performance, including defining and evaluating financial and/or operational performance metrics to identify key value drivers
- Proven ability to work independently with key business executives (finance, operations, clinical, technology, etc) to evaluate business processes and key drivers of operational and business performance
- Advance level of proficiency with Excel
- M&A experience
- Experience presenting to executive level leadership
- Experience working with large data sets, advanced statistics, and predictive models
- Supervisory experience
- Sound analytic background, attention to details
- Excellent communication and organization skills
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 5, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Associate Director of Behavioral Transformation, Healthcare, Financial Models, Finance, Operations, Clinical, Technology, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota