Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 10 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
The Associate Instructional Designer - HouseCalls, reporting to the HouseCalls Senior Instructional Designer of the HouseCalls Contact Center, will be responsible for designing training materials and training solutions to support business needs. In this role, the Associate Instructional Designer will work with a team of instructional designers to create new materials and update existing materials to support business growth and goals. The Associate Instructional Designer will utilize AGILE methodology to collaborate with teammates, as well as other departments and work groups, to conduct needs analyses and post-training analysis to gauge success and opportunities with new and current trainings. The goal of this role is to contribute to a team that aims to improve overall experiences, both externally and internally, by increasing the levels of convenience and self service capability, so that all members and agents feel confident with our products and services.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Obtain/confirm stakeholder approval and required licenses/copyright approvals for training materials, as needed
- Develop learning objectives based on appropriate analyses (e.g., business analysis, task analysis, audience analysis)
- Engage/collaborate with appropriate stakeholders and SMEs to determine appropriate training content (e.g., products, processes, tools, skills needed)
- Develop appropriate learning content using adult learning theory and training best practices to create effective and innovative training design solutions
- Leverage/modify existing training solutions to meet current needs (e.g., updates, revisions, re-purposing for new audiences)
- Develop tools/resources for evaluating/measuring post-training learning effectiveness (e.g., surveys, interviews, focus groups, observations checklists)
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of appropriate tools and resources used to develop training content (e.g., Articulate, MS Office Suite, Adobe Suite, SnagIt, LMS, video development)
- Conduct train the trainer sessions to prepare trainers for delivery of training solutions, and ensure/validate trainer readiness
- Engage with learners and stakeholders regarding training deliverables through focus groups and training sessions, as needed
- Ensure that all needed training resources are available for delivery in appropriate locations and communicated to trainers and stakeholders (e.g., approvals, classroom materials, source files, references, job aids).
- Conduct updates/debriefs, as necessary, with appropriate stakeholders to communicate training experiences/effectiveness, based on available feedback and data (e.g., from reports, from focus groups, learners, their managers, trainers)
- Assist with monitoring and analyzing training metrics/data/trends/outcomes, and identify areas needing attention to enhance learning effectiveness
- Respond to ongoing feedback from trainers and other stakeholders, and make appropriate approved adjustments to training deliverables
- Contribute to developing an approach to evaluate achievement of learning objectives (e.g., scenarios, case studies, questions, quizzes, knowledge checks)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of call center experience
- Proven experience with using eLearning design programs (Vyond, Articulate Storyline)
- Any experience building engaging, effective, online learning courses and tools, and using current and successful strategies within a corporate environment
- Coding experience in HTML
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Suite Word (create new, edit/save documents), Excel (pivot tables/charts, sort/filter data, basic formulas) and PowerPoint (create dynamic presentations)
- Must have a quiet designated workspace and access to install secure high speed internet (minimum speed 1.5 download mps and 1 upload mps) via cable / DSL in home (NOTE: wireless / cell phone provider, satellite, microwave, etc... does NOT meet this requirement)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience in conducting learning analysis
- Experience with SharePoint (document access, upload/sharing, storage)
- Experience with audio / video creation and editing
- Experience with design programs Adobe Photoshop and/or InDesign
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $20.77 to $36.88. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Unitedhealth Group and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Unitedhealth Group and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Keywords: instructional design, design, eLearning, Vyond, Articulate Storyline, HTML, video, WAH, Telecommute, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #rpo