The Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport is seeking energetic, goal oriented Room Attendants who have a passion for cleanliness and guest satisfaction. The Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport boasts 488 guest rooms as well as 50,000 square feet of event space. The Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport is conveniently located near Hollywood and Universal Studios in the center of the entertainment hub. Our property provides complimentary meals, employee events, great hotel discounts at over 5,700 hotels world-wide and perks for local events & attractions!
Answer, record, and process all guest requests, questions, or concerns via telephone, email, chat, and mobile communication devices. Operate telephone switchboard, process guest requests for wake up calls, and connecting and directing calls to the appropriate extension. Receive, record, and relay messages accurately. Log all guest requests or issues into computer, contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Bellperson, Housekeeping), and follow up with guest to ensure their request has been resolved to their satisfaction. Provide information to guests about room features, property amenities, and local areas of interest. May process food & beverage orders, answer questions on menu selection and record transactions in point-of-sale system. Assist guests with accessing internet and guestroom entertainment.
Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; and protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests' service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, and support team to reach common goals. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats; stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Safety and Security
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
Policies and Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Answer, record, and process all guest calls, requests, questions, or concerns.
- Receive, record, and relay messages accurately, completely, and legibly.
- Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Bell person, Front Desk, Housekeeping, Engineering, Security/Loss Prevention) as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem.
- Process food & beverage orders, answer questions on menu selection; record transactions in point-of-sale system, process payment and run cashier reports at end of shift.
- Accept and record wake-up call requests and deliver to appropriate department.
- Log all guest requests, incidents, and adjustments customer relationship management (CRM) system to allow for proper tracking and documentation of guest problems and solution.
- Respond to special requests from guests/residents with unique needs.
- Follow up with guests to ensure their requests or problems have been met to their satisfaction.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Identify and explain hotel features to guests (e.g., use of room key, ice and vending areas, in-room safe, hotel services).