The Waldorf Astoria is hiring a Bar Server (Rooftop by JG).
A Bar Server is responsible for serving beverages and/or food to guests in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As a Bar Server (Rooftop by JG), you would be responsible for serving beverages and/or food to guests at the Rooftop by Jean-Georges, in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Respond to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Ensure knowledge of menu and restaurant promotions and specials
- Take guest beverage and/or food orders and input orders in appropriate point-of-sale system
- Retrieve and deliver food and beverage orders in a timely manner
- Replenish beverages and ensure guest satisfaction throughout the meal service
- Serve alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages in accordance with federal, state, local and company regulations
- Ensure serving station is well-stocked at all times
This is your opportunity to join one of the most diverse and renowned restaurant groups in the world. From 3 Michelin starred Jean-Georges in NYC, to the amazing 14 seat Chef's counter at JG Tokyo, to the family style ABC Kitchen in Flat Iron, this is your entry to our global opportunities of growth and development.
Check us out!:
This luxurious property has 170 rooms, 6,300 square feet of banquet space, and 4 food and beverage outlets offering an incredible opportunity to work under Maîtres Cuisiniers de France Chef Steve Benjamin at this amazing hotel.
If you're looking to be a part of something amazing, this is the opportunity for you! With Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills being recognized as the #1 ranked hotel in L.A. by Condé Nast Traveler Reader's Choice Award and Hilton earning the #1 spot on the World's Best Workplaces list by Great Place to Work, there is a lot to be proud of as a Hilton team member.
What are we looking for?
- Ability to demonstrate beverage knowledge including wine, liquor and cocktail selections, in-depth knowledge of food and its preparation.
- Minimum 2 year of serving or similar experience.
- English fluency
- Professional presentation
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to provide attentive but non-invasive service
- Able to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
Previous bar and/or experience as a cocktail server
5 Star restaurant
Training in Forbes standards of service preferred
Strong preference for candidates with additional language skills in German, French, Spanish, Arabic, Japanese, Korean or Chinese
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!