This person would be reporting to the Director of Business Applications as a member of the Business Applications team. The Business Relationship Manager of Finance will be balancing all of the business as usual efforts around finance. They will need to be good at managing client relationships and should develop a deep understanding of the demands, needs and ways of working of finance. This person person will be working with their Finance counterparts, IT colleagues, partners and vendors alike. They will also be helping them with a systems integration project involving the integration of 10 companies and the consolidations of their systems. They would be working on projects such as consolidating benefit providers.
This person must is a talented IT Generalist, tasked with guiding and facilitating meaningful conversations about IT with Finance across the business. This person readily partners with any team or individual to understand the Finance departments' demands and requirements, identify appropriate experts and partners, then bring these resources together to deliver fit for purpose solutions, helping to fulfil IT's mission. This person should appreciate nuance, but fight complexity, motivated by the satisfaction of faster, more reliable outcomes for the Finance department, and are energized by exposure to the gamut of relationship management topics, from solution, requirements gathering and business process mapping, to solution architecture and design to project and operational management of delivered solutions.
Responsibilities will include:
• Engage & support IT's leadership to understand Finance’s current state, and contribute to reaching Finance’s future state;
• Drive & facilitate discussions between Finance points of contact and IT service owners & extended teams, ensuring the right people are involved at the right time on the right topics;
• Determine & prioritize the people, process & technology solutions that will deliver the best IT outcomes for the Finance department, ’s end users and ultimately, our clients;
• Engage & energize the Finance department on their use of technology, and help them to understand where they can get the most “bang for their buck”, without stepping on landmines;
• Navigate & negotiate the Finance and IT teams through competing priorities, conflicting agendas or anything else that distracts from our mission of People First;
• Manage & own the applications, products, processes & services that support the Department(s)’ technology, privacy & security needs in an effective, customer-centric manner.
• Partner deeply with Finance, IT and Security teams to detect, select, implement & run the right processes and technology solutions for their people;
• Communicate engagingly with IT and Finance stakeholders to ensure alignment, manage expectations, and demonstrate the value of IT's focus on Business Applications;
• Relentlessly drive a business & end user focused IT culture that delivers on our mission of People First, easily pivoting from “No” to “How” when faced with challenges;
• Bring structure to ambiguity by proposing & implementing solutions, while remaining flexible in, and responsive to, our entrepreneurial, customer-focused results-oriented culture;
• Bring insight & know-how to due diligence, planning & integration of acquired companies;
• Identify & mitigate risks, by taking proactive steps to prevent undesirable outcomes;
• Establish & monitor key performance indicators that show clearly whether the Departments’ processes and technology is delivering on its promise, or where we need it to improve;
• Support IT teams to understand Finance’s IT Service landscape, ensuring high quality solutions are well understood and continuously improved upon by all teams.
Top Skills Details:
1) 7+ years' of experience in IT governance topics - project management, customer success management, service management, enterprise architecture, business analysis or similar
2) Must understand the financial industry enough to have conversations with finance people and finance culture
3) Must be familiar with people-centric financial management systems (i.e. FinancialForce, NetSuite, Sage)
4) Should have amazing communication skills and be able to manage relationships with partners when it comes to finance, basic management experience, setting expectations, prioritizing projects.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• An innovator, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve the Department(s)’ ways of working;
• A relationship builder and a team player who identifies & promotes best practices to colleagues, counterparts and partners alike, ensuring the case for change is internalized by their peers and partners through influence & persuasion;
• A multi-tasker, able to work in a fast-paced environment without getting overwhelmed easily;
• An eye for detail, always ready to put in the extra effort to deliver polished, well-formed IT solutions to Material;
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.