Our client located in Vallejo, CA is looking to fill part-time, temporary, fully virtual certified Elementary, Middle, and High School teaching positions in the Special Education, both mild-moderate and moderate-severe. There is a possibility of these positions becoming temp-to-hire if you are local and successful in this position.
*You must be a California licensed teacher in special education to apply for this opportunity.*
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Commit to ongoing professional development in the spirit of continuous improvement
- Develop appropriate lesson plans, assignments, and assessments in conjunction with the CA State Standards
- Work closely with school leaders to analyze student assessment data to measure progress and use data to inform instruction
- Collaborate in grade level teams to discuss student work, share best practices, plan events for joy and humor, and ensure student mastery of standards
- Engage families in their children’s education by building relationships and maintaining regular communication.
35-40 Hours Per Week
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of one year of experience working with special education children in an academic environment required
- Current California teaching license in Special Education required
- Commitment to and experience working with underserved communities
- Determination to drive student achievement and set high expectations for all students