Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support sales lead during pre-RFP/deal qualification process to develop/deliver Optum messaging, including all activities related to shaping the RFP
- Review RFP documents to determine required solution elements
- Identify and secure core Capture Team resources (including writers) in conjunction with Proposal Manager and business/delivery owners
- Lead development of a capture plan in conjunction with Client Relationship Executive, including win strategy, themes and discriminators, as well as compliant response strategies
- Maintain the capture plan through completion of the opportunity pursuit
- Validate that all required activities occur and are completed in a timely fashion in accordance with the capture plan
- Facilitate solution development sessions with appropriate business and delivery owners
- Facilitate staffing sessions with appropriate business and delivery owners to identify personnel to be proposed in order to meet solicitation requirements
- Facilitate pricing sessions with pricing lead and appropriate business and delivery owners
- Establish and maintain technical and management approaches and solutions with the capture team
- Engage all members of internal and external proposal resources
- Lead the identification of and coordination with teaming partners (with the exception of major channel partners)
- Facilitate communication and relationship with partners and subcontractors
- Lead establishment of winning offering and solution sets, including pricing, schedule, technical, management, past performance, etc.
- Maintain negotiation items list based on both legal exceptions taken in the bid and alternatives to RFP requirements taken in the proposal
- Participate in color team (pink, red, etc.) reviews with proposal manager, including identification of review team members
- Validate, in conjunction with the Proposal Manager, that proposal writers incorporate color team review feedback in next drafts
- Lead/participate in orals/demo preparation and delivery
- Provide post-delivery support to sales, legal, and senior management. This includes support for proposal clarification, contract negotiation, and protest activities
- Anticipate, understand and react to market and customer needs
- Multitask and work within tight schedules to timely meet multiple deadlines
- Independent judgment to determine project guidelines, purpose, follow-through and completion
- Interact and collaborate effectively with company departments and external customers
- Work independently with minimal supervision or management
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years business development or proposal development background and familiarity with standard proposal development processes
- 3+ years’ experience in state government healthcare solutions (procurement, or MMIS module design, development, implementation, or fiscal agent operations or other state government business development/solution development or operations role)
- Aggressive self-starter with the ability to build relationships, lead teams, and execute a plan
- Solid analytical, problem solving, strategic thinking, analytical, and relationship building skills
- Strong organization and communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Excellent interpersonal and team collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize, lead, and direct teams of diverse business, leadership, and technological backgrounds
- Stay on task, maintain focus, and demonstrate professionalism under stress
- Produce quality work in the face of short timelines
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience with collaboration tools (Privia, MS Teams, MS SharePoint)
- Experience with the Shipley proposal development and capture methodologies
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: manager, state government, telecommute, remote, work from home, healthcare