In this role, you will coordinatethe delivery of health care services to patients in a primary health careclinic and provide administrative supportto medical providers and medical staff. You will discharge patients after medical visits, arrange for follow-upappointments, process referrals for Medi-Cal, Medicare, Managed Care and County. You will also request authorizations using the Web Portaland E-consult and perform data collectionand extensive patient tracking and follow-up care.
- Skill at coordinating the delivery of health care services to patients in a primary health care setting
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with people of diverse cultural, educational, economical, and social backgrounds
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task assignments with competing demands
- Excellent organizational skills to complete work in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to discharge patients using NextGen Electronic Health Record system and follow up as necessary
- Ability to triage medical problems
- General knowledge of health education, public health, and medical terminology
- Working knowledge of medical/social service agencies in the West Los Angeles area
- Valid California driver’s license and proof of auto insurance
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.