We are looking for an experienced Clinical Laboratory Scientist for a Full-time for our on-site position the Los Angeles area in California.
Schedule: Monday - Friday
Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA 90025
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Insurance
- Vision Plan
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Tax-Deferred Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Direct Deposit
Clinical Laboratory Scientist is responsible for specimen processing, test performance, test result reporting. The CLS provides service in one or more sections of the laboratory with a high level of accuracy, precision and timeliness and ensures compliance with departmental and regulatory agency standards. Provide service to patients of all age groups. Non-technical duties include taking supply inventories, stocking supplies, cleaning and maintaining work area, equipment and instrumentation.
- Analyze body fluids, such as blood, urine, and tissue samples, and record normal or abnormal findings.
- Study blood samples for use in transfusions by identifying the number of cells, the cell morphology or the blood group, blood type, and compatibility with other blood types.
- Operate sophisticated laboratory equipment, such as microscopes and cell counters.
- Use automated equipment and computerized instruments capable of performing a number of tests at the same time.
- Log data from medical tests and enter results into a patient’s medical record.
- Discuss results and findings of laboratory tests and procedures with physicians.
- Supervise or train medical laboratory technicians.