ChildNet Youth & Family Services, Inc. is currently seeking Behavioral Health Therapists/Clinicians for our Behavioral Health Services (BHS) division in Long Beach, CA.
Behavioral Health Services (BHS) provides mental health services to children from infancy to young adulthood at schools, resource homes, parental homes, and child care centers.
The BHS Clinician responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide individual/group therapy to at-risk children and their families as needed in the home, school, and/or office environment.
- Collaborate with the clients' foster/resource parents, biological parents, CSW's, foster family agency social workers, teachers, medical doctors, psychiatrists, law enforcement, Probation department and case managers for an interdisciplinary team approach.
- Direct supervision of all clients assigned to the caseload and maintain a caseload of 12 clients.
- Coordinate services with the educational needs and objectives of the local school.
- Ensure full participation of the family in the development and implementation of service strategies when appropriate.
- Provide crisis intervention, 24 hours/day, 7 days/week.
- Ensure the health and safety of all clients.
- Complete DMH paperwork and BHS paperwork and maintain all deadlines.
- Ensure program complies with all federal, state, county and school district regulations.
- Maintain accurate information and necessary documents in clients’ charts via reviews and updates.
- Attend all individual and group supervision on a weekly basis.
- Attend team meetings, all staff monthly meetings and any other training required.
- Participate and maintain deadlines for presenting cases to the Utilization Review Committee.
- Provide 1620 units of service per week.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.