Exciting company that services the world is currently seeking a Commercial Real Estate Paralegal
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Kevin Ross
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $55,000 - $105,000 per year
A bit about us:
Our Client is seeking an experienced and detail-oriented real estate paralegal to join our extensive in-house Legal team. This newly created role will provide legal services for the broad real estate transactional needs of The Company and its operating businesses, which include commercial/office, industrial, and build-to-suit lease agreements, acquisitions and dispositions of commercial, agricultural, industrial and development properties, real estate financings, land use and other general real estate matters.
Why join us?
Our Client's connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back at its core. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than a billion invested in environmental sustainability; millions in charitable giving, education initiatives, and innovative health and wellness programs each year; and millions toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California.
Analyze title documents, surveys and legal descriptions of real estate property.
- Draft title objection letters in connection with real estate acquisitions and dispositions.
- Prepare, coordinate and facilitate all aspects of closings with client, title companies and lenders, managing checklists, calculating critical dates and maintaining both as the transaction progresses.
- Draft ancillary transaction documents, including, but not limited to transaction resolutions, certificates and other governance documents, owners' affidavits and indemnity agreements.
- Review and prepare comments to easements, access agreements, licenses and lot line adjustments.
- Prepare real estate closing documents and coordinating items for closing and post-closing requirements.
- Conduct lien and litigation searches nationwide; analyze and summarize results.
- Communicate regularly with attorneys and clients regarding the status of projects and deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience as a real estate paralegal with expert knowledge in review of title, survey and closing of real estate transactions.
- Ability to handle all closing aspects of a real estate sale and purchase from start to finish, including review of title and survey matters, preparation of closing documents and tracking deadlines.
- Knowledge of water rights, environmental matters, zoning issues, mineral rights, subdivision and lot line adjustments, development, entitlement and land use, easements, licenses and CC&Rs is useful.
- Possess superb organizational, time management, and multitasking skills as well as excellent collaboration and communication abilities.
- Prior capability to provide top-quality, proactive, accurate and effective legal support in a fast-moving environment with minimal supervision.
- Associate degree in paralegal studies or similar required.
- Post-Bachelor's degree paralegal certification with a real estate focus preferred.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.