We are seeking individuals to join our team who have high standards and a desire to positively impact the lives of others.
Cook is responsible for supervising all kitchen staff members; assistant cooks, and kitchen prep workers. Orders and purchases food, supplies and equipment. Maintains a physical and perpetual inventory of all food items and paper goods and all other supplies on a daily basis. Completes all necessary paperwork and guarantees the kitchen and related areas are always clean, sanitary and safe.
Position Location: North Hills, CA
Salary Range: $17.00 up to $19.71 per hour
Position Status: Part Time - 16 hours a week.
Saturday 5:30am-2:00pm and Sunday 5:30am- 2:00pm
or Sunday 10:30am-7:00pm and Monday 10:30am-7:00pm
- Less than high school education.
- Must meet state requirement and must be a certified food manager that is valid.
- Must have a valid California Food Handler Card.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Internet Explorer; and web-based programs.
- Valid California driver's license; current automobile insurance; have and maintain a clean driving record acceptable to the organization's insurance company; have immediate access to his or her vehicle during work hours.