Ability to function in a demanding environment by navigating multiple projects simultaneously, and effectively supporting a busy Medical Staff Office. Responsible for assigned Medical Staff Departments as assigned by Director/Manager. Facilitates all aspects of credentialing, including applications, reappointments, proctoring and competencies. Interfaces with physicians and hospital management staff in a positive and professional manner.
Education and Work Experience
- Associates degree preferred or equivalent education/experience
- Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) and/or CPMSM required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience Medical Staff Services Department and/or acute care hospital experience required
- Must have strong computer, communication, and writing skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must exhibit a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical staff services and/or acute care hospital experience, preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf