We are partnering with a multi-site, highly acquisitive distribution organization looking to add to their corporate accounting team. You will have the opportunity to work in a hybrid environment.
The Corporate Senior Accountant is responsible for maintaining the financial processing of transactions, daily bookkeeping, record keeping, forecasting and financial reporting. The Accountant will also work closely with accounting staff and Operations to ensure work is performed in an efficient, timely, and knowledgeable manner as needed.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations as part of the monthly close process, including accruals, adjustments, and reversing journal entries
- Ensure books are maintained according to US GAAP
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet and general ledger accounts
- Assist in compiling the annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Analyze and reconcile monthly inventory reports including identifying, resolving and mitigating the root causes
- Assist with year-end inventory physical counts
- Generate month end close and year-end financial reports
- Prepare Corporate Reporting, including Daily Tracker, Weekly Dashboard, Weekly Cash Flow Forecast
- Actively cross-train with other accounting staff
- Responsible for working with outside auditors and tax accountants
- Assist with annual audit preparations
- Investigate and resolve audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance
- Assist with Sales and Use Tax and Property Tax filings with external consultants
- Support ad-hoc projects