Storm Industries Inc.
Storm Company: Industrial Parts Depot Location: All Branches
Position Title: Customer Service Representative Department : Customer Service
Reports To: Branch Manager FLSA Status: Non-exempt
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Customer Service Representative is responsible for applying their expertise and knowledge of heavy engine aftermarket parts to provide best in class customer service and support for the branch and the Company. The individual in this role must have a technical understanding of the IPD’s product offering in heavy diesel engine aftermarket parts and the services provided. He/she will use this knowledge to respond to and assist with customer inquiries or complaints, provide problem resolution and troubleshooting, and to obtain and process orders for IPD products and services over the telephone. The role also involves relaying customer feedback regarding products and services to appropriate individuals in sales, quality assurance, and product management as well as ensuring that all shipping/receiving functions and documents are completed accurately and in a timely manner. The Customer Service Representative must have exceptional customer service, communication, and problem-solving skills to build and maintain strong customer relationships. Questions and/or more complex work would be elevated to a higher level. The Customer Service Representative is responsible for achieving objectives while exhibiting Storm Industries Core Values.
A. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Regular Functions include:
● Answers incoming customer calls in a timely manner and with the goal of providing outstanding customer service. The nature of the calls includes researching parts requests, suggesting additional parts/sales of parts needed for an engine rebuild, preparing quotations, taking orders and processing orders and returns.
● Performs all order entry with timely, accurate data input for the purpose of productivity, inventory control and order processing. Follows up on orders.
● Provides excellent customer service and support, demonstrating prompt and courteous service, order accuracy, follow-up, and product knowledge.
● Performs shipping and receiving duties, as needed to ensure customer orders are filled.
● Assists with general office clerical duties and responsibilities, and warehouse housekeeping as needed.
● Ensures shipping/receiving functions and documents are completed accurately and on time.
● Prepares bills of lading and receiving records for inbound and outbound shipments as needed.
● Recommends ways to improve productivity and accuracy through continuous improvement activities.
● Maintains department files and routine correspondence with small parcel and LTL freight carriers.
● Ensures that good safety and security habits are practiced at the dock doors and loading areas.
● Other duties as required.
Periodic Functions include:
● Receives, breaks down, and store stock orders that arrive in warehouse.
● Occasionally performs quality inspections on parts as directed by the QA department.
● Does not supervise anyone.