UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you get excited about the life transforming potential of bringing health care information to the right place, at the right time, to support crucial decisions, welcome to United Clinical Services!
We're one of the largest and fastest growing health information companies and the only organization in our industry with the information, technology and expertise to solve the most significant challenges in health and human services.
As a vital member of the UnitedHealth Group family, we serve customers in every segment of the health care field and, of course, the diverse business divisions of UnitedHealth Group.
Our UHC Clinical Data Analytics groups are vital to our success and are leaders in driving the future growth of UnitedHealth Group. Success in these careers relies on many factors: your ability to deal with ambiguity, your ability to adapt and embrace change, and a long-term commitment to making health care better for everyone.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work on integration of non-claims data (lab results, immunization registry, clinical data from CCDs, inpatient discharge summaries, ICUE clinical notes, PA, SDoH, clinical registries, death registry, etc) for data integration with claims to create enhanced big data capabilities to drive clinical value
- Work with clinician teams and clinical consultants to identify areas of clinical opportunity for measure research and development to drive performance of programs and develops conclusions and recommendations
- Code and develop clinical measures and conduct various clinical analytics to support internal customers
- Lead and develop the analysis and interpretation of clinical program performance
- Collaborate with other data scientists and analysts within the department to create effective working relationships and building data-based solutions that drive the business closer to its overall goals and objectives
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Statistics, Medical Informatics, Public Health, Health Administration, Mathematics or related field
- 3+ years of experience in healthcare with good understanding of claims data
- 3+ years of experience with unstructured clinical data from EMR or HIEs
- 3+ years of experience in health care analytics
- Experience communicating highly technical results to a diverse audience
- Demonstrated ability to present to dynamic customer audiences
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, decision making, and analytical skills
- Strong execution mentality
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present ideas and concepts
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Job Keywords: Data Scientist, Senior Healthcare Economics Consultant, Clinical Data, Cypress, CA, California, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote