If you are looking for a new challenge with a company that can provide stability and room to advance, family values, and competitive wages - you may want to consider working with our client
Growing company that ships Equipment globally. Large, family owned company with multiple locations that wants to demonstrate its core values to both customer and their greatest assets, their employees.
Develops new products, models, and mechanisms for mechanical systems and applications. Works on usually mid-size, moderately complex projects
Responsibilities of a Design Engineer
- Conceives, designs, develops, engineers, prototypes, tests and revises small and mid-sized, moderately complex new fabricated products for mechanical Systems and applications
- Manages a team of 5 Engineers
- Performs engineering calculations to ensure a robust design, including horsepower, stress, torque, FEA and aesthetic design
- Works with other teams to troubleshoot and resolve development and design issues
- Ensures that new products are safe, reliable and easy to maintain
- Selects appropriate and cost-effective purchased products
- Analyzes data to identify trends in usage, cost, performance, and reliability
- Develops and executes test plans for concepts and prototypes to establish operational parameters
- Uses modeling and simulation tools to prove or disprove designs
- Partners with the design team, manufacturing, quality control, purchasing and administration
- Travels up to 10%
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Product Development or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Material Handling/ Equipment Industry
- Supervisory experience a must.
- 3+ Plastics experience is required.
- Experience in the design and development of Equipment:
- Competitors' products
- Manufacturing considerations
- Design cost, budgets, and expenditures
- Ability to use Excel to sort large data tables and create calculation tables
- Proficient with MS Office, 3D SolidWorks, EPDM and simulation modules
- Ability to handle multiple project assignments and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced results-oriented environment
- Organization skills and experience to meet project plans and deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strategic and creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Collaborative and team-oriented
Please submit a resume for consideration. Only those qualified applicants with a provided resume will be contacted.
If you would like to learn more about manufacturing opportunities, contact Nick Perry with gpac at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 30 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.