Who you are…
The Development Associate is a hands-on, curious, team-oriented, early career real estate professional who has a theoretical understanding of the full range of commercial office, mixed use and/or multifamily activities.
What you’ll do…
- Represent Skanska and act as a good example, both internally and externally, in accordance with the values, ethical guidelines and management systems of the organization.
- Work within a team to realize the development vision established for the project.
- Provide support:
- In the coordination of individual multi-discipline projects in a broad range of activities from acquisition to fulfilment of project execution, through the disposition of the asset.
- To projects and the local office by acquiring, analysing, developing and presenting extensive market research.
- To a project team in coordination with external parties including consultants, civic and governmental authorities and public stakeholders.
- Work under the leadership of a Manager, Sr. Manager or Director in a project team from conceptual design through project execution including:
- Financial analysis related to leasing, acquisition, and divestment.
- Establishment and management of consultant contracts, and management/coordination of construction general contractor.
- Creation and regular reporting of project budget and cost projections.
- Assist in the marketing & leasing efforts associated with the project, including pitches, presentations, tenant tours, lease execution and administration, and tenant administration, etc.
- Work collaboratively and transparently with Skanska USA Building as construction partner.
Your characteristics include...
- Creative, curious, and quick to adapt with strong project managment skills
- Self starter, who is passionate about real estate development
- An authentic appreciation for and alignment with Skansksa’s Purpose and Values, including honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments
- Respect and encouragement of viewpoints of those from diverse cultures, races, ages, genders, religions and lifestyles to build collaborative relationships and communicate effectively
- Demonstrated digital fluency, showing the ability to maximize new and emerging technologies in order to work, learn and live in a digital society
- Highly organized and pro-active with ability to fulfill commitments
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships to work effectively with others in a team setting
- Emerging leadership qualities and skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and outstanding written & oral communication skills
A willingness to attend public hearings, meetings and social events outside of normal business hours
Qualifications we seek...
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- 2 -5 + years experience within the real estate development or a related industry
- Financial and analytical acumen with Microsoft Excel and Argus
- Ability to read and comprehend proposals, architectural concepts and drawings, contracts, consultant proposals/agreements and government regulations
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to present information and respond to questions / inquiries from senior staff, peers, business associates and the general public
- Theoretical background with experience in some parts of the commercial investment and development process, such as:
- Land acquisition and sourcing
- Feasibility studies
- Financial analysis and budgeting
- Entitlements and zoning
- Project valuation and finance
- Architectural design and construction management
- Leasing, marketing, and public relations
- Basic knowledge of cost control processes, real estate funding and project reporting
- Sustainable building concepts
Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university minimum, MBA or Master’s Degree in related fields preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person assigned to this job description. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as deemed appropriate by management at any time.