Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multipledirections, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here,innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry.Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing yourlife's best work.(sm)
As part of the Optum Care organization, this individual will be accountable fordriving the transformation to a product centric organization for the teams inthe Digital space. The Director of Technology Product Management will define,evolve and enable the transformation roadmap with business product leadershipteams and IT product development teams. The Director of Technology Product Managementwill serve as the primary liaison between California Market Technology team andOptum Tech Digital transformation initiatives and the Shared Services teambringing thought leadership and line of business perspectives to working teamsand driving transformation into product teams.
- Reports directly to the MarketCIO and coordinates and aligns with other senior business product leaders toestablish and execute a comprehensive consumer and care team digital strategyand delivery
- Accountable for workingwith Business and IT partners to lead the delivery of a digital transformationplan
- Drive transformationexecution across business and technology organizations using influence withoutauthority
- Actively monitorTransformation milestones and lead regular Transformation progress reviews withkey stakeholders
- Act as the point ofcontact with other LOB transformation teams to drive consistency, advocate forour team's needs and bring improvement opportunities back to the CaliforniaMarket
- Partner with Businessproduct leaders and National Optum Tech to refine and maintain digital products
- Negotiate effectivelywith business and technology stakeholders to achieve win-win solutions thatadvance Transformation goals
- Drive ad-hoc escalationsto resolution and next steps as appropriate to continue pushing forwardTransformation objectives
- Serve as subject matterexpert in Digital and Agile methodologies, and enabling tools
- Track and empower thedevelopment of business and technology team members including training,coaching and communities of practice
- Leverage and managemetrics to validate and motivate progress
- Translate Agileterminology into common business language to ensure understanding by allstakeholders.
- Develop and maintaintrusted relationships with business and technology teams, and key constituentsby applying critical thinking to all work on a daily basis.
- Leverage relationshipsand resolve conflicts to drive transformation success.
- Demonstrate multi-facetedsystems thinking that incorporates consideration of business and technologystrategies into the overall transformation plan.
- Develop and deliver executive level written andverbal communicationsStay on top of all significant enterprise tools technologytrends, off-the-shelf tools options, and market offerings
- Identify partners andbusiness opportunities that will improve the product offering
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in anenvironment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what ittakes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other rolesyou may be interested in.
- 7+ years of experiencein the delivery of complex technology solutions that address business issueswithin a large shared services IT organization
- 5+ years of experiencedriving change and obtaining results in a large corporate, matrixed environment
- 5+ years of experiencein people leadership and management, including direct experience leading,managing and mentoring teams in a virtual/geographically diverse environment
- 5+ years of experienceleading software delivery utilizing Agile development methodologies
- 3+ years of experienceleading business and/or technical organization agile product transformations
- 3+ years of experienceinterfacing with, and influencing decisions of, direct reports to the C-Suiteof large organizations
- 3+ years of experiencecommunicating technology matters to business partners, senior executives, andstrategic partners
- You will be asked to perform this role in anoffice setting, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due tospace limitations.
- Employees are required to screen for symptomsusing the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., enteringyour symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approvedsymptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep ourwork sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected towear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Experience working in aShared Services model
- Healthcare experience;preferably in the healthcare benefits business
- Professional ServicesConsulting experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organizationaround one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So whenit comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-relatedinformation, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefitsfor millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover newways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses,brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on wherehealth care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, thatmeans working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges thatmatter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singularopportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is anEqual Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, maritalstatus, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates arerequired to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director, healthcare, Leadership, Agile, El Segundo,CA, California, Long Beach, Anaheim, Santa Monica, Los Angeles