MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Human Resource Director will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resource (HR) department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the company's mission and talent strategy.
Our client is a integrated midsize and growing biotechnology company. They are seeking talented, driven individuals who are dedicated to making a positive impact on human health and are motivated to become key members of a growing biotechnology company.
- Develop the people strategy to support the company's business and corporate objectives.
- Successfully interfaces with employees at all levels of the Company
- Evaluates and implements improvements to the company's human resource information systems
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the company's human resource compliance and strategy needs
- Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for staff
- Consult on proposed promotions and help drive the annual review process.
- Manage all aspects of the company's Total Rewards programs including compensation and health and welfare benefits; and training and development
- Supplements and supports company's recruiting efforts
- Monitors and ensures the company's compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management
- Masters' Degree, PHR-CA or SPHR Certification preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in Human Resources and experience in leading a Human Resources Department; Biotech and public company experience preferred.
- An ability to quickly integrate into a culture and continue to cultivate an open door and open communication environment with a fun style and exceptionally high emotional intelligence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the company and employees
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the company's HRIS and talent management systems
- This is a full time position
- Competitive Base + Benefits (401K, Work-life Balance)
- This position is based in Los Angeles, or in the Bay area
- A midize biotech company