Senior Electrical Engineer – Wastewater Systems – Pasadena, California
Parsons is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer with a technical background in water/wastewater treatment process pre-design and design to join our established wastewater group in Pasadena, California. This position will be responsible for leading projects through planning, design and construction phases and interfacing with municipal clients and permitting agencies on water and wastewater treatment plant upgrade and expansion projects while providing task and project management support to senior level managers.
The ideal candidate will have an opportunity to work on multiple challenging projects and demonstrate depth of technical knowledge and leadership skills on various wastewater treatment plant projects.
Our team has served local water systems in California for over 40 years. We are respected by our clients as an organization with strong technical expertise and solid project delivery and performance. Parsons is working to transform the industry through some of the most complex water and wastewater projects in the world as well as some of the most cost effective projects in the region. We’ve built recycled wastewater treatment plants with membrane bioreactor (MBR) technology, we’ve constructed advanced ultraviolet (UV) disinfection facilities, and we’ve used reverse osmosis (RO) processes to transform saline water into millions of gallons of clean, drinkable water.
Parsons has an immediate opening for an experienced Electrical Engineer for power distribution & lighting engineering to support primarily wastewater & water treatment facilities and projects. The Engineer determines methods and solutions for complex engineering problems and selects the most efficient and economical manner in meeting the objectives. Applies advanced engineering techniques and analyses within a discipline. This level of Engineer is a fully qualified professional, proficient in the utilization of current engineering theories and practices. May serve as a technical consultant in area of specialty for management or the client. Many assignments involve CAE (computer aided engineering)/CAD (computer aided design) applications. Occasional travel and field engineering/investigations are required.
- Design of power transformation and distribution facilities for water and wastewater pumping and treatment projects.
- Will design, engineer, and program various PLC controllers for support of wastewater facilities and projects.
- Design of Instrumentation and Control panels for large wastewater plants and facilities.
- May function as discipline Project Engineer on medium to large projects, assuming responsibility for the work of the group.
- May plan, direct, and supervise the work of a major engineering unit or project requiring a large-scale expenditure of manpower and financial investment.
- Leads other Engineers and design personnel in technical excellence and growth in the Quality Improvement Process.
- Provides technical consultations for interdisciplinary analytical studies and analyses.
- Ensures compliance of design with all applicable codes and regulations, providing the seal and signature of the professional engineer when required by statute or contract.
- Prepares material/equipment specifications and purchase requisitions; reviews supplier data; witnesses shop tests, assists with assessing supplier manufacturing capabilities.
- Develops operation and maintenance plans; develops standard operating procedures; prepares O & M manuals and may conduct on-site training of personnel.
- Conducts surveys, studies, and site investigations.
- Performs reliability, availability, maintenance (RAM) and safety analyses.
- Maintains affiliation with professional societies to keep abreast of current technologies.
- Helps determine budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule. May assist with other administrative and technical duties.
- Recommends and prepares technical papers.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 4-year degree in Electrical Engineering (or related field) and 8 years or more of related work experience with power distribution and lighting design engineering.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration or ability to quickly obtain (i.e., application accepted to sit for exam) is required.
- Experience with wastewater treatment facilities and projects is essential
- Experience with REVIT is highly desirable.
Skills/ Competencies :
Potential to perform in a lead capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a familiarity of industry practices and regulations are required. Must also possess a thorough knowledge of current technology and be able to select and apply appropriate engineering software for use on project.
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.