The Embedded Software Engineer is responsible for embedded software engineering projects with large levels of organizational involvement and technical requirements. Oversees the complete project life cycle, including approval, planning, and execution to ensure planned results are achieved on time, within budget and within scope.
Responsible for coordination of all technical activities on assigned projects, plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates assigned engineering work; monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices company standards; ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned electrical projects between all cross-disciplines and all other project participants. A passion for design and innovation is a must.
- Plan multiple engineering programs of medium complexity according to project requirements.
- Ensure that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants and that requirements of the Contract are being satisfied.
- Review product design for conformance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Coordinate activities related to technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Participate in Client/contractor meetings and resolving Client/engineering and management project issues.
- Monitor project progress to assure quality and adherence to requirements of contract documents and client specifications.
- Interface with customers, vendors, and intra-company personnel.
- Prepare interim and final project reports Document and report progress in status reports and technical reviews.
- Prepare and present: marketing technical information, detailed proposals, design review packages, failure analysis, and program cost analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to develop for test and debug challenging cross-disciplinary problems.
- Strong documentation skills and participation in ongoing development efforts and design reviews.
- Work with internal and external subject matter experts, including electronics and mechanical engineers/designers.
- Support system and subsystem troubleshooting and testing.
- Write technical proposals and supporting responses to RFI/RFP opportunities.
- Work within Government-funded R&D and production environments (e.g. NASA and DoD) desired.