Chipton-Ross is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer 2 for a contract opportunity in El Segundo, CA.
• Support development of tooling packages for supplier bid process through procurement group.
• Read and analyze complex GD&T drawings and help analyze existing drawings to identify shortcomings or missing information.
• Track supplier performance and answer all technical questions related to the manufacturing of tools.
• Utilize computer-aided design (CAD) equipment to support suppliers in manufacturing of tooling.
• Identify design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommend revisions and/or improvements in tool design layout to fellow responsible engineers or designers.
• Interact with design and development teams (teams include specialists in Design, Analysis, Quality, Materials, Manufacturing) to meet all design tooling requirements (technical, cost, schedule)
• Support Continuous Improvement activities
• Support activities related to estimating, RFQ/RFP/RFI, and ROM pricing.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related engineering/scientific discipline
• 2-5+ years' experience in a manufacturing engineering facility or equivalent
• Composite experience is a plus
• CAD solid modeling (experience with NX/CATIA) and drafting experience are a plus
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement with a focus on customer service excellence
• Experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Proficiency with GD&T best practices
• Must be a self-starter and possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Experience with tooling design, mechanical assemblies and manufacturing is a plus
• Oral and written communication, computer, documentation, and presentation skills are required
• Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
School must be accredited.