The Operations team partners closely with ResMed's five business leaders to understand their needs then providing a variety of products and services to help them meet those needs including Customer and Technical Services, Global Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs, Supply Chain, manufacturing, logistics and distribution. Focused on enabling new product introduction and operating excellence, our team strives to improve time to market for new products and services, improve efficiencies in our cross-functional processes, and improve our supply chain through digitization and automation to increase value add to our customers.
At ResMed, we work hard to deliver great benefits designed around what's important to you. ResMed offers competitive wages and supports personal development. We offer $5,250 tuition reimbursement every year with no lifetime cap! Enjoy 14 paid holidays and a generous paid time off program where you can work your way up to 6 weeks per year. Our team members are also eligible for paid parental leave, medical, dental, vision, and disability benefits, the ability to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a generous 401K match.
The values of belonging and inclusion are what drive ResMed's practice and people globally. By joining us, you will be part of a large community that values all differences and you will have the chance to participate in any inclusion-building programs available. If you would like to learn more about our culture, click here careers.resmed.com/we-are-resmed/belonging-inclusion-and-diversity/.
We are looking for a highly motivated Manufacturing Engineer providing manufacturing support including working on processing equipment located at a manufacturing facility in the Los Angeles Area. This individual will be responsible for providing support for manufacturing projects and operations for the Injection molding and related Automation with a focus on CPAP blower manufacturing. The area of focus will primarily be supporting the manufacturing of molded components and assemblies using computer/automation/process control systems to ensure reliable secondary operations, including automated part load/unload, pad printing, machining, and packaging of plastic components. The candidate must be a self-starter, who can independently drive projects and day-to-day work tasks to completion according to a defined budget and schedule. The candidate must be able to work well with others in an informal results-oriented environment.
Let's talk about Responsibilities
- Manufacturing technical support to molding and related assembly automation. Provide on-call/hands-on support for injection molding automation and automated assembly manufacturing lines
- Knowledge of the injection molding process and associated automation need
- Monitoring and analysis of manufacturing data as necessary to provide support for process discrepancies, investigations, validation protocols, process transfers, or equipment troubleshooting
- Developing and implementing technologies and manufacturing processes that enhance the efficiency and productivity of the existing operation
- Support implementation of automation projects in the area of injection molding and automated assembly lines of various magnitude to maximize success rates, reduce discrepancies, increase capacity/productivity, increase levels of safety and/or compliance
- Design and execution of large and/or strategic automation/molding projects in line with overall department and plant strategies, including approach and resource needs, options analysis, execution plan, engineering document development, and system ownership through the project delivery life cycle of planning, design, implementation, installation, commission, and qualification.
- Contribute towards infrastructure improvements to guidelines, procedures, practices, standards, and cross-functional business processes to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the Automation group. The candidate should have a mindset of sharing insights and improvements and participating in/lead design reviews.
- Ensure that manufacturing lines achieve a high level of performance, reliability, and regulatory compliance.
- Author and maintain detailed molding or automation manufacturing cell design documents, system architecture diagrams, and standard operating procedures.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and mentoring to staff including projects, continuous improvements, and inspection/regulatory readiness initiatives.
- Assess and manage risks associated with system operation and use, design, and implement related improvements.
- Support site audits and inspections, and implement corrections as needed
- This position requires strong adherence to compliance and safety requirements, cGMPs, SOPs, and other manufacturing documents. As with any position in a manufacturing environment, the job requires an ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and the flexibility to support operations in accordance with the manufacturing schedule.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
Let's talk about Qualifications and Experience
- B.S. or M.S. in Chemical, Plastics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree
- 5+ years of relevant hands-on work experience/training in injection molding automation.
- Working knowledge of mold design and design reviews
- Working knowledge of mold flow analysis
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis (Hypothesis testing, Capability Analysis, Gage R&R, Correlation Studies, and Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Knowledge of molding machine operation and scientific process development
- Theoretical and applied knowledge of process instrumentation, classical process control, continuous process control validation, and GMP regulations applicable to molding systems
- Experience working in a cGMP environment
- Requires an ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and the flexibility to support operations in accordance with the manufacturing schedule.
- The successful candidate must have strong initiative and integrity as well as strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. They should be able to successfully work independently and within teams, demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, partner/customer focus, and the ability to work with complex business systems and processes
- Flexibility for after-hours on-call support rotation and support of manufacturing operations
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- International or Domestic Travels as required
Joining us is more than saying "yes" to making the world a healthier place. It's discovering a career that's challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!