Privately owned, Vegan restaurant in the Silverlake area seeks an Executive Chef – plant based cooking experience preferred!!
Creating an environment of teamwork, trust and collaboration is a must!
- Managing all aspects of the kitchen from work assignments, recipe creation, and inventory.
- Ensuring your brigade has high culinary standards
- Managing food purchasing and storage
- Maintaining a safe and hygienic kitchen environment
- Creating new recipes and write menus
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per dupe from servers.
- Secure service and preparation areas at end of day.
- Wrap, label, date and properly store all food ingredients in accordance to safe food handling making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up.
- Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designed storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss and usage per SOP.
- Keep labor at (or under) budget
- Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products
- Stock and maintain designated food station(s)
- Visually inspect all food sent from the kitchen
- Basic computer skills with the capacity to learn new software, online ordering and internal systems
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, committees, suppliers, members, and employees.
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Boxer Resorts offers a full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, long term disability, optional life insurance, 401K and generous PTO accessible after 90 days.
No calls or agencies please. Boxer Property will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.