Job Title: Fire Alerting System CAD Designer Positions Supervised: 0
Dept. / Division: Design Construction/Estimating FLSA Class: Hourly / Non-Exempt
Years of Experience: 2-3 Years Status: Full Time
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Industry: Public Safety – Fire Service Communications
The identification of Duties and Responsibilities does not display an exhaustive list of all duties that may be assigned to this position, nor does it restrict the related work that may be assigned to this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for working with the sales and estimating team for completion of preliminary system shop drawings and final as-built drawings to include system design, calculations, submittals, O&M’s and other related documents as required by the customer.
· Participate in site surveys and pre-bid walk through as needed to determine scope of job, which includes system and project requirements.
· Participate in customer information gathering to determine design requirements of the client and the system.
· Prepare and review plans, preliminary layouts, detailed drawings from field and engineering notes, sketches and/or other mark-ups, ensuring all CAD standards and in-house standards are utilized.
· Converts approved design development drawings into installation/bid drawings incorporating design change, point-to-point wiring diagrams, field device details and other device details and/or layouts.
· Prepares take offs from plans and drawings for estimating process.
· Participate in pre-and/or post sales projects in coordination with sales and estimating.
· Maintain project drawing files, associated records and documentation in an orderly condition.
· Creates drawing templates and maintains CAD standards.
· Participate in creation of technical manuals, illustrations and installation documentation.
· Performs other duties, tasks or projects as requested by management.