The Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport is seeking a dynamic, experienced Front Desk Agent to take on the challenge of a unique position within a 488-room hotel that boasts 50,000 square feet of event space. The Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport is conveniently located near Hollywood and Universal Studios in the center of the entertainment hub. Our property provides complimentary meals, employee events, great hotel discounts at over 5,700 hotels world-wide and perks for local events & attractions!
Job Overview: Greet and register guests, provides prompt and courteous service, and closes out guest accounts upon completion of stay to meet high standards of quality.
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
* Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate. Requires continual standing and movement throughout front office.
* Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, travelers' checks, and other forms of payment. Perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guest room and House accounts using the computer.
* Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
* Close guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, research and attempt to resolve problem within established guidelines; may include turning problem over to a supervisor.
* Field guest complaints, conducting through research to develop the most effective solutions and resolve complications such as location changes or credit issues. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating, or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
* Summon guest service personnel for assistance to escort guests to their rooms as appropriate.
* Provide safety deposit boxes for guest by escorting them to the vault room, assisting the customer in opening the deposit box lock.
* Operate facsimile machine to send, receive, and log incoming transmissions. Notify guests of incoming faxes using the message function of the computer.
* Use the photocopier to make copies of items as required.
* File registration cards in room number order.
* Retrieve registration cards from the files for each check out.
* Other duties as assigned by the supervisor such as assisting PBX operators or reservations agents.