Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
A healthy heart is essential to good health. That's why we're committed to advancing treatments for people with cardiovascular disease. As a global leader in Cardiac Rhythm Technologies, our breakthrough medical technologies help restore people's health so they can get back to living their best lives, faster. We focus on innovative technologies that can improve the way doctors treat people with heart arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats.
Our location in Sylmar, CA currently has an opportunity for a Group Marketing Manager, Connectivity & Digital Health Solutions.
Lead the organization in leveraging passion about healthcare and digital technologies to impact patients’ lives. The role will be the lead on establishing product strategy and new product development direction in the Connectivity and Digital Health portfolio for Cardiac Rhythm Management. This includes iterations of Merlin, Merlin.net, Merlin@Home, Merlin on Demand and our new Merlin programmer as well as applications and data analytic solutions that provide value to our various customers.
The leader will work to establish a cohesive vision and strategy on how the portfolio will position Abbott CRM for leadership and work with various stakeholders to ensure the right investments to develop innovative new platforms. This includes development of strategic marketing plans and activities that drive the flow of new products to our customers in a manner that addresses customer needs, and highlights differentiation and value.
The GMM is responsible for the product from identification of customer and market needs/wants, to concept and product development, claims and data development, supporting product launch teams, and long-range portfolio management. The GMM is responsible for assisting in the following activities for their portfolio:
- Recognition of new products to be developed to meet new market demands, or the creation of new markets; Provides leadership for product/concept justification during funding cycle, and provides similar leadership to product development team
- Identification of new business opportunities through expansion of existing products into new markets, or enhancements of existing products to maximize existing markets
- Support the commercial organizations in achieving Plan/Update objectives.
- Provides direction and input to all in-house groups such as PMO, Operations, Finance, R&D, Quality, and Regulatory that affect the successful achievement of business objectives
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Drives product strategy for all Merlin and Digital products in collaboration with cross functional partners. Leads within the business unit or related sub-functions.
The GMM is responsible for creating global demand for CRM products in a customer-centric manner (exemplified by high satisfaction of needs, and therefore appropriately differentiated and adding value) by developing and overseeing execution of the strategic marketing plan for Connectivity and Digital Solutions.
Customer Insight Development:
- This includes definition of and segmentation of the market, value proposition, targeting and positioning, claims development, and user needs definition.
- The GMM will need to be able to collect critical qualitative and quantitative data through market research, customer and field engagement and both analyze the data and work with financials to quantify the opportunity
- Create clear, compelling, data-driven recommendations, POVs and other deliverables that support annual marketing initiatives by using market research and insights from analytics to shape and refine connectivity
- Utilize market research, customer input, sales input, and other means to ensure profitable and differentiated products are delivered to market.
- External Communication- Interface with consultants, marketing research firms, other vendors, and customers to effectively manage and grow business profitably, while maintaining a customer focus woven throughout all activities.
Product Strategy Development and Execution:
- Competition and Positioning- Thoroughly understand competitive offerings and provide development/commercial organizations with appropriate positioning to differentiate product(s) versus the competition in a profitable manner that adds value to the customer Product Definition- Ensure that appropriate Customer Requirements/Design Inputs are crafted to guide the development team
- Develop the Marketing Plan- Incorporate all aspects of the strategic direction
- Offer leadership to R&D and support organizations throughout development cycle (e.g. lead trade-off analysis…customer, financial, and timeline impact)
- Support downstream marketing and commercial activities where needed
- Ability to leverage knowledge of product development process to help streamline time to delivery and reduce risk
- Internal Communication: Responsible for creating a clear line of communication between Global Upstream Marketing and all other areas that affect the product
- This include key partners and stakeholders including downstream marketing partners, R&D, Clinical, and Program Management among others
- Collaborate effectively across the organizational matrix, with colleagues from a range of disciplines including Marketing, MarCom, Education, Sales, IT and others within our business units and corporate organizations
- The GMM is the portfolio leader and owns the strategic direction of the Connectivity & Digital Solution Portfolio and manages Product Managers to drive forward key priorities.
- The GMM will need to be able to lead and develop a team to support their priorities and portfolio plans including recruiting, hiring, coaching and managing product managers.
- Builds strong relationship with third party suppliers; manages vendors that work on our projects and partners with internal resources (i.e. vendor management, etc.) to develop those relationships
- Through the observation of market trends, best practices, and new, establish and cultivate a culture of test and learn, continually identifying new test ideas with an eye on improving the customer experience across all device types.
- The GMM is responsible for achievement of the goals and objectives of Global Marketing, the Division, and each of the Areas.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Life Science/Biomedical Engineering, or Software related field
- 8-10 years of experience in marketing/product management, including international experience with in a global company.
- Experience supervising staff, specifically managing managers and producing results through others.
- Ability to travel, approximately 40%, including internationally.
- Exceptional leadership skills, provide mentoring and development to direct reports and able to work effectively through the direct report to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Advanced Degree (such as a Master’s degree or MBA) is preferred
- Healthcare industry, and/or medical device experience preferred.
- Extensive digital product management/ IT project management experience is preferred.
- Direct experience with products running on Python, Hive, Spark, SQL, JAVA, C++, Objective C, Swift is preferred
- Understanding of CPU and GPU frameworks, various API (REST API), Agile Software development frameworks, software architecture/ process engineering is preferred
- Experience prioritizing and managing project initiatives across multiple functions and/or business units. Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross division business unit model preferred. Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business model.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced changing environment -- multi-tasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner. Strong project management, team skills, and influential management.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.