Human Resources Assistant
Los Angeles and Encino CA
We are seeking a Human Resources Assistant to join our Human Resources (HR) team at our Los Angeles site. The Human Resources Assistant under supervision provides clerical and administrative support to the Human Resources (HR) staff by performing various activities including answering phones, filing, data entry, applicant screening, or answering routine questions on HR policies and procedures.
Location: Downtown Los Angeles and Encino CA
* Assist HR Management and staff by performing administrative duties in various areas of HR; may also perform work related to general office/facility management.
* Enter and maintain accurate employee information in the Company HR information system (HRIS) including new hires, terminations, employment changes, etc.
* Answer primarily routine questions regarding HR policies and procedures.
* Coordinate performance review process following up with management as required.
* File and maintain human resources files including payroll documents, I-9 forms, new hire paperwork, termination files, and other related documents according to established company standards; may coordinate off-site storage.
* May assist in the applicant screening process by conducting reference checks, employment background checks, and applicant testing, coordinating, and scheduling meetings, interviews, offer letters, etc.
* Process new hires, terminations, and related paperwork such as applicant tracking, job postings, EEO data, etc.
* Coordinate attendance and paid time off (PTO) tracking process for assigned area including the review of electronic timesheets for accuracy, and follow-up with employees and management.
* May order office supplies and maintains supply stock for the department.
* Coordinate termination and other processes with other departments including notifying IT of terminations or status changes.
* May assist with preparing ad hoc reports or working on special projects or events such as audits, training events, or employee appreciation activities.
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
* High school diploma or equivalent
* 2 Year / Associate Degree formal training in Human Resources or Business or related coursework
* 2 Years related clerical and/or administrative support
* Good written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
* Superior organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
* Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
* Experience with Workday preferred
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offer a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.