Ref ID: 00490-0011665765
Classification: Human Resources (HR) Manager
Compensation: $100000.00 to $115000.00 yearly
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
• Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate the organization’s employee relations program that consists of equitable human resource policies and practices. The incumbent will translate the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans. Provides technical advice and knowledge to other business unit leaders with regards to human relations. Example: These programs may include progressive discipline, leave, FMLA and attendance, OSHA, workers’ compensation. Following initial development, the incumbent will keep abreast of changing laws, regulations and guidelines to ensure ongoing compliance. These laws include state employment law, EEOC, Family Medical Leave Act, state unemployment and workers’ compensation law, the Fair Labor Standards Act, ADA, HIPAA, OSHA Code of Federal Regulations, Affirmative Action/EEO and ERISA.
• Responsible for the staffing process to include recruitment, screening and interviewing, job offers and new employee orientation. Review and revise recruitment processes as needed, measure and analyze turnover rates, and manage retention initiatives. Assist with determining appropriate staffing levels in coordination with operations managers.
• Lead annual open enrollment efforts including employee communications. Possess thorough understanding of benefit programs and ensure consistent application.
• Guide employee training efforts at all levels. Work closely with department managers to evaluate, design and improve training procedures as needed.
• Ensure accuracy of all Human Resources records and maintain compliance with record keeping and retention policies.
• Represent Company at personnel hearings related to UI, Work Comp, Union Contracts, etc…
• The incumbent will be responsible for developing and managing team members while establishing key strategies with a 3-5 year outlook. Responsibilities include maximizing team talent, setting goals and performance standards, assessing performance, and sourcing and selecting a competent, diverse workforce while encouraging an inclusive work environment. The incumbent will be expected to develop talent for future leadership roles and anticipate and plan for changes in staffing and business processes.
This position description is intended to guide the activities of the Human Resources Manager. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function, nor is it intended to describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related discipline. Additional detail oriented, related certifications preferred.
• Strong generalist background, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
• Working knowledge of state and federal employment law and regulations required.
• A demonstrated customer service orientation.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to handle a number of assignments and responsibilities while managing interruptions and changing priorities (multi-task)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Effective analytical, problem solving, administrative and organizational skills.
• Must be willing to perform tasks listed in other pay grade job descriptions as required.