Lead Patient Access Rep (Admitting) - Full Time, Days (LACH)
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Lead Patient Access Rep coordinates and oversees patient access staff and functions, while maintaining an advanced level of skills and expertise. Arranges for the efficient and orderly admission of all inpatients and outpatients. Ensures that accurate patient information is collected and that patients are aware of hospital policy and procedures. Troubleshoots and resolves issues as they arise. Functions as a role model and resource to staff.
- Oversees and coordinates the daily operations of the patient access department, ensures work is complete, and troubleshoots and resolves issues as they occur. Demonstrates advanced level of expertise, strong leadership and collaborative skills in dealing with staff and members of the healthcare team. Provides input for coaching, training, hiring, counseling and performance assessment processes.
- Registers all patients according to department procedures. Completes all necessary admission (including consent) forms accurately and thoroughly. Prior to entering patient information into Optimum verifies the medical record status using Master Patient Index function. Ensures that the patient's name, chief complaint and other information are entered accurately. Prepares the patients financial folder and distributes copies to appropriate departments.
- Ensures that each account is billable, and if necessary, pre-certification requirements are met. Contacts physician's offices to obtain required pre-admission information as needed. Ensures that patients have required authorization for scheduled procedures. Explains hospital polices regarding payment of service, collects payments and issues receipts. Requests identification cards, and insurance cards during the admission process, obtains copies of all cards (front and back). Verifies insurance coverage and eligibility. Ensures that each patient receives an identification bracelet upon admission.
- Operates PBX and answers all incoming calls and transfers to the appropriate department or patient room in a professional. Performs paging via overhead and other hospital systems when required, including announcing and reporting hospital emergency codes.
- Ensures physicians are authorized to admit patients. Appropriately refers all physicians on delinquency list to hospital administrator or designee.
- Provides a safe environment for patients, visitors and others. Maintains confidentiality of patients, families, employees, and visitors.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
Minimum Experience: Two (2) years of admitting office and/or PBX operator experience required. Basic Understanding of Medical Terminology. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Strong time management skills. Ability to multitask and maintain a work pace appropriate to workload. Computer literacy and proficiency. Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job. Bilingual skills to communicate effectively with patients and families preferred. Previous leadership experience preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: None.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals, benefit eligible positions will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/
Keywords: Patient Access, PBX, operator, Patient Relations, Admin, Administrative, Medical Records, Representative