Lead Satellite Technology Integrator
The Boeing Company
USA - El Segundo, CA
Job Description Qualifications:
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking a highly motivated leader and Lead Satellite Technology Integrator located in El Segundo, CA. You will work under general direction, accountable to the Boeing Satellites Chief Engineer Office, supporting multiple satellite business units.
As the Technology Integrator, you will be responsible for developing the Boeing Satellites technology roadmap, with the support and input from Satellites Chief Engineers, Business Development, and Strategy, consisting of a broad range of technologies at every level of the Satellites product hierarchy (component level to system architecture) as well as Satellites Development, Manufacturing, and Deployment Processes. Our Satellites Business is required to adapt to dynamic market conditions via step-function improvements in value and CAPEX, as well as providing technology development agility and response to adapting mission needs.
Be a part of our team as we develop disruptive technologies that connect, protect, explore and inspire. Lead with your passion and courage to drive a highly-motivated team to achieve new levels of customer value, performance and productivity through technology. You will split your responsibilities between IRAD and business development activities to ensure coherency between our strategy and tech development efforts.
- Develop the technical aspects of commercial and Government investment strategy
- Identify and research any new technologies that may potentially increase our company's competitive advantage
- Manage technology portfolio to create and leverage synergies between commercial and Government investments
- Collaborate with IRAD project manager to monitor and ensure IRAD project objectives are achieved (cost, schedule, competitiveness metrics and performance)
- Define and lead key design/architecture trades to drive value and executability
- Develop, document and maintain architectures, algorithms, designs for differentiated solutions
- Create a timeline for development and deployment of technologies
- Recommend investments to reduce cost of existing solutions through design, manufacturing and test
- Interface with Global Sales and Marketing to infuse customer feedback into technology roadmap
- Interface with campaigns and programs to flow requirements and competitiveness targets into tech roadmap
- Work with supplier management to identify and execute make/buy opportunities in support of competitiveness
- Perform quality mapping between technology / design features and customer mission requirements (KPPs) in support of competitiveness
- Enhance and execute process for Enterprise road-mapping to maximize innovation, competitiveness, efficiency and employee engagement
- Monitor Key Performance Parameters (KPP's) for products, subsystems and solutions
- Develop the necessary metrics to influence employee behavior (cost per bit, cost per kg, etc.) towards driving competitiveness, aligning efforts from component level to system architecture
- Document proprietary / novel information using Intellectual Property Management process resulting in patents or trade-secrets
- Respond to feedback from stakeholders and use it to make improvements or adjustments needed to our technology roadmap
- Lead through direct and indirect influence to promote a culture of innovation, diversity and inclusive behaviors
- Actively communicate our technology strategy to our workforce via all-hands, executive briefings, panels and other forums
- Identify and incorporate processes and tools that improve competitiveness, including model-based engineering (MBE) and Digital Twin
- Works under general direction
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Top Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics or physics
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- 5+ years of experience working on a developmental program
- Experience with the acquisition of new business, proposal development, and IRAD program execution
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 10 years of experience in systems engineering (requirement development, System architecture, Verification)
- Knowledgeable in advanced digital signal processing, electric propulsion, power subsystems, communications, flight controls / avionics, and Commercial/Government satellite operations
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Note: Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift
Eligible for 3ERP
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control Requirement:
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award Program
This position is not contingent upon program award
Individual Contributor - 5
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E - Verify
- English - E-Verify (English)
- Spanish - E-Verify (Spanish)
Right to Work Statement
- English - Right to Work (English)
- Spanish - Right to Work (Spanish)