Experienced Litigation Paralegal's Needed (For Major Law Firm)
Growing Law Firm in need of a reliable and proactive paralegal. The Paralegal will assist attorney(s) by providing clerical and research support services including, but not limited to, document preparation and review; interviewing clients and witnesses; research, investigations, fact checking; discovery responses; deposition prep and notices; reservation of travel; expense reporting; preparation and filing of legal documents; and trial preparation. Our caseload is growing and the ideal candidate for this position is organized, professional, responsible, and committed to helping us meet all our clients’ needs
- Meets with attorneys, clients, and other professionals to discuss assigned cases or projects.
- Drafts legal documents including routine pleadings and motions, affidavits, and interrogatories; files motions and pleadings according to judicial procedures.
- Researches and analyzes statutes, regulations, legal articles, judicial decisions, and other legal sources; provides written analysis to attorneys.
- Interviews clients and witnesses and prepares summaries of their statements.
- Prepares, organizes, stores, and retrieves case files, which may include evidence, exhibits, depositions, pleadings, exhibits, and other items.
- Assists attorneys with trial preparation, which may include attending trials and hearings.
- Develops and maintains records regarding billable hours spent on specific cases.
· Organizes, enters and cross-references documents in a computerized database.
· Prepares discovery requests and responses.
· Assists general counsel organizing and carrying out special projects as assigned.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of legal language and principles, research methods, court pleadings and processes, and other related matters.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies or related field preferred.
- Some related experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
If you are interested please feel free to Apply or email us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]