Superior career opportunity for a Maintenance Manager with a premier firm!!!
Company is seeking a Maintenance Manager that will be a key player in the organization, helping shape its vision and mission through excellent financial management practices. This role brings you the opportunity to firmly apply your stamp to our products, now and well into the future.
Why this is a great organization to join:
Client is an established firm with years of progressive growth; Great reputation in the industry; Quality work and loyal client base; Profitable; Privately owned; Strong leadership team and seasoned staff; Focused on growth; Low turnover; Fun and enjoyable work environment; Fast-paced; Team oriented.
- Responsible for the overall performance of the plant's maintenance technicians. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the technicians and the department as a whole.
- Develop and implement the plant's R&M budget and monitor cost relative to equipment repairs. Assist the Plant Manager in development and implementation of the plant capital budget.
- Schedule labor to meet plant and equipment requirements while assigning responsibilities and managing and supporting maintenance personnel as needed. Create a spirit of customer service to the entire facility.
- Diagnose, develop and implement methods and procedures to ensure most effective utilization of resources and provide best service to the facility.
- Actively participate with operations in plant initiatives. Ensure all mechanical, electrical, electronic and structural repair and improvements are performed to industry standards.
- Ensure that all utilities (i.e. refrigeration, electrical, steam, compressed air systems, facilities, etc.) are in proper working order to support production. Troubleshoot machinery and process systems in the event of breakdowns.
- Maintain a system for tracking work orders, preventative and predictive maintenance and parts and equipment inventory.
- Advise the plant manager on mechanical/downtime issues and their impact on production output.
- Coordinate with production/packaging supervision any downtime windows for preventative maintenance and repair work.
- Track downtime to proactively prevent re-occurrence through root cause analysis involving the key players. Implements corrective actions identified by key maintenance performance indicators as a means to create overall equipment effectiveness.
- Actively participate in plant audits as needed.
- Communicate effectively with all internal customers and support teams.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with contractors, vendors, consultants, suppliers, support teams and plant personnel.
- Coordinate activities relative to spare parts inventory and cost to ensure maximum equipment reliability and team productivity.
- Utilizes a computerized maintenance management system to optimize asset utilization through scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Remains current with latest and emerging industry regulations and codes relative to mechanical and electrical systems design and operation.
- Ensures corporate policies and standards are followed in both capital project implementation as well as daily maintenance.
- Shares 'best practices' within the Maintenance Department.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
- Provides management of employees directly or through supervisors to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action and performance management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.