:The Manager of Human Resources assists unit leadership in understanding and communication of HR policies and procedures, and handling compliance issues.Responsibilities:
- Consults with operations management on human resource issues related to hiring, compensation, training and development, disciplinary actions and terminations
- Interprets and assists with the understanding of human resource policies and procedures
- Manages compliance issues; identifies local compliance risks and pro-actively plans to mitigate risks
- Manages the hiring process including candidate screening, hiring, new employee set-up, payroll, and leaves of absence
- Serves as the liaison between the unit and the Regional Human Resource Director
- Coaches and mentors assigned employees; assigns work according to availability, skills, and developmental needs; assesses performance and provides feedback to direct reports.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information
Other duties as required.Qualifications:Education, Licensing, and Certifications Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED, required.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Preferred:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related field preferred
- Five to seven years of relevant human resource experience, including recruiting, selection, and employee relations, required
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Understanding of employment laws and regulations
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret instructions, policies, and procedures
- Strong written and oral communication skills; strong presentation skills
- HRIS, ADP, and investigative experience preferred
Travel requirement (as a percent): Frequent travel to meet the needs of the business
- Must submit to drug testing and a background check
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
- 100% of work is accomplished indoors and in air conditioned or well ventilated facilities
- Work is accomplished in an office or in a cubicle space equipped with a telephone and computer.
- The employee is generally subjected to long periods spent sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen.
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail, streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about in their cities. www.transdevna.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check.