Riot Direct builds the infrastructure that enables our games to operate globally and securely at scale, ensuring the highest levels of network performance and quality for our players. If you are looking to have a direct, positive impact on the people who play and love our games, please join us to help make Riot the most player-focused game company in the world.
As an Engineering Manager on the Riot Direct Product Development Team, you will report to the Senior Engineering Manager - Riot Direct and lead a team that creates software solutions to ensure the secure, scalable operations of Riot's global networks, providing support as they work with other infrastructure and game teams to solve essential problem areas in the network, security, and application delivery spaces.
- Manage a team of 4-10 software engineers; coaching them, overseeing performance management, identifying growth opportunities, and ensuring positive results.
- Manage the health and performance of the engineering team with empathy and authenticity, building trust and inspiring them to overcome challenges.
- Contribute to all parts of the employee life-cycle, including recruiting, hiring, managing, and mentoring engineers.
- Grow the team through hiring and construct an onboarding process for new team members.
- Stay hands-on with your team's tech, overseeing the technical design and deliverables of the team and working with your team's technical lead.
- Build healthy relationships with other engineering teams at Riot to foster cross-team collaboration.
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer or in a role directly supporting software engineering teams
- 2+ years experience managing an engineering team
- Expertise in full software development life cycle management
- Expertise in project management, prioritization frameworks, and guiding investment strategies in people and systems.
- Experience delivering on multi-month or multi-year projects, establishing clear deliverables and reporting on progress.
- Experience collaborating across multiple teams and prioritizing work efforts.
- Familiarity with infrastructure services, distributed systems, microservices, and software design at high scale.
- Expertise in supporting agile development and operating production services
- Experience in product development and management
- Experience with networking and application delivery concepts
- Experience working with C or Golang
- Familiarity with Linux
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).