Title: Manufacturing Engineer II
Location: Memphis, TN 38115
Duration: 06+ Months
Assists with the planning, design, purchase, and/or implementation of integrated manufacturing, assembly or fabrication processes in a manufacturing plant.
Responsibilities for this position will include the following:
- Helps determine the manufacturing processes required to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specification.
- Works with engineering to identify problems with product and performance; may recommend solutions or enhancements.
- Assists with plans and designs methods to improve efficiency in production.
- Work to improve equipment availability and capability by utilizing continuous improvement tools and working cross functionally.
- Define manufacturing standard working methods
- Minimum of a Bachelors’ degree is required. Degrees in manufacturing, mechanical, industrial and engineering would be preferred.
- Manager is seeking candidates with at least 3-5 years’ experience working experience in a manufacturing environment. Someone whom has been around machines/machinery and is comfortable being in an environment like that is absolutely necessary. As long as the person coming in is enthusiastic and open and willing to learning new things, the manager advised he can work with that.
- Candidates with mechanical aptitude are a must.
- Some nice to have experience or exposure to the following would be great:
- CNC machining knowledge and/or exposure to
- Knowledge of CAD work or some exposure to
- Lean manufacturing knowledge
Additional information from the manager:
- The manager shared with me that this opening on his team is needed because there is a lot of work on his team that needs support with getting done.
- This is an on-site working role. Upon arrival to the facility, all people are required to get their temperature checked and will need to complete a health questionnaire. A mask will be issued upon arrival – the issued mask must be the mask worn all day while at the facility. If at any time someone leaves the building during the day, all of the above will apply again upon their return.
- This is a Monday – Friday position with core working hours being 7:00 AM – 4:30 PM. There will need to be some flexibility in the hours worked. Overtime during the week and on the weekends (not every weekend but most) will be needed for this role.
- When he is ready to interview, the manager will be looking to have phone screens first. If a phone screen goes really well, it’s possible the manager could request for an offer to be extended after that first screen. If further screening is needed, a 2nd round video interview will be scheduled with the manager and other team members as needed.