- Mentor, develop and train the members of your group with a focus on creating a high performance engineering team.
- Work with the engineering team to identify resource bottlenecks and optimize resource utilization.
- Prepare project plans and budgets for all engineering projects. Monitor project progress against plans and identify potential delays, cost overruns and risks as early as possible.
• Minimum of an ABET-accredited Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial, or Electrical engineering.
• 5-10+ years of experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
• 3-5+ years of experience directing, creating, and coaching a large team
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred
• Able to use 3-D CAD software such as Solidworks, Creo, and ProE.
• Possess a high level of skill with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
• Possess excellent written and communication skills.
• Six Sigma preferred
• Familiarity with industry standards, equipment, technical expertise, and regulations
• Expert-level knowledge of designing and improving manufacturing processes
• Ability to operate with limited direction
• Strong organization and planning skills with the ability to multi-task
• Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate
• Experience interviewing, hiring, training, rewarding, and disciplining employees
• An analytical mindset with strong attention to detail
• A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, unstructured environment