UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This Upstate NY Market Agent Manager will manage licensed Insurance Agents who sell the UnitedHealth Group portfolio of products offered to Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries and individuals. This Agent Manager is responsible for achieving assigned sales/membership growth targets in his/her territory/territories. Sales targets are achieved by building and managing agents within two sales channels 1) Independent Career Agents (ICAs) who are not employees of UnitedHealth Group but rather independent sales agents who contract exclusively with UnitedHealth Group to sell this portfolio of products and 2) External Distribution Channel (EDC) who are not employees of UnitedHealth Group but rather independent sales agents who can sell Medicare products from all carriers.
If you are located in Upstate NY, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Continually build and nurture the agent team
- Source and select candidates for agent positions to ensure a continual pipeline and sufficient base of staff to meet assigned sales/membership growth targets
- Provide a structured on-boarding process, leveraging corporate contracting, certification and training processes, tools, and systems
- Organize agent activities, leads and territories to ensure effective and efficient coordination across the territory
- Act as a liaison between agents and UnitedHealth Group sales process owners to ensure agents are appropriately set up and supported across their lifecycle. This includes, contracting, licensing/appointment, certification, training, enrollment administration, commission payment, agent servicing, etc.
- Manage day-to-day time and activities of assigned agents to ensure appropriate leading indicators of success and corresponding sales results
- Collaborate with key agents and agencies and provide them with necessary communication, training, and sales support
- Assist with agent recruitment, helping to build strong partnerships
- Organize involvement in formal and on-the-job training to ensure an accurate understanding of our products, compliance/policy requirements, sales processes, brand and value proposition messages and sales systems
- Coach, manage/develop staff to achieve quantitative and qualitative performance targets
- Use data and insights to coach for optimal performance
- Monitor sales results, trends, and key performance indicators (KPI's) and hold representatives accountable for achieving targets
- Conduct ride-alongs with Agents to observe sales techniques and ensure alignment with expectations and compliance with CMS regulations
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings to review sales results/activities and provide feedback/coaching on opportunities for improvement
- Achieve assigned sales targets & membership growth targets through in his/her territory(ies), with a minimum of 65% of sales derived via community-based leads and referrals
- Partner with the internal and external individuals/organizations to identify and develop relationships that influence the buying behavior of our target consumer (e.g., providers, regulators, faith-based organizations FBO's, community-based organizations CBO's and associations)
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of each organization and how it impacts the marketplace
- Facilitate engagement of all sales agents in executing these plans and ensure that they appropriately build and advance our brand and value proposition and represent our product portfolio and service offerings
- Ensure compliance: ensure agents adhere to sales and marketing guidelines associated with Medicare regulations, partner expectations (e.g., AARP) and company policies and procedures
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of experience conducting sales presentations or trainings
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Travel up to 75% of time within this sales market area
- Live in/within commutable distance to Binghamton/Broome County, NY (or Tioga, Chemung, Cortland, Chenango or Tompkins counties)
- Active life/health insurance license
- Undergraduate degree
- Sales/business development experience, creating strategy and developing a market
- Previous management experience leading sales team
- Experience working with Medicare products and consumers
- Experience being an activist/involved in the community (outreach programs, community events, etc.)
- Health insurance industry experience
- Knowledge of CMS regulations and standards
- Managed care, insurance, or financial services industry experience
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Upstate NY, Market Agent Manager, Government Plans, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote, Broome County, NY, New York, Tioga, Chemung County, Elmira, NY, Cortland County, Chenango County, Norwich, NY, Tompkins County, Ithaca, NY, Medicare, Agent, Broker, training