FOX Sports West is seeking a dynamic marketer to join a fast-paced team as a Marketing & OAP Manager. The candidate’s marketing efforts will primarily support awareness and viewership of live sporting events and programming across the networks. As such, this person will need to develop and grow relationships with these team partners and work closely with them in terms of marketing support, promotional endeavors and community outreach.
This position is also responsible to oversee the coordination of on-air logs, in-game reads, ticker copy, onsite events, and the scheduling and contributing to the creative direction of promo assets for on-air and social media. The ideal candidate will be adept at concept generation and execution of sponsorship agreements, managing the marketing aspects of team and programming agreements, and increasing local/regional brand awareness of the networks.
This role will work closely with the Senior Director of Marketing on all off-air marketing initiatives which will include tent-pole activations and innovating ways to further engage fans to benefit team partners and our networks. S/he will also support and collaborate with the Senior Director of Communications with various social media strategies and B2B merchandising.
- Serve as project manager and liaison with team partners, internal departments, and corporate marketing and third-party vendors
- Prepare summaries, recap decks and proof of performance reports
- Work closely with each NBA/NHL/MLB team partner; implement all contractual marketing items, participate in status calls, foster strong collaboration and build solid relationships
- Work closely with producers/editors to manage the creative process and continued alignment of on-air and digital support for tune-in to live games, programming and other awareness initiatives
- Oversee coordination of the on-air logs, in game reads and ticker copy promotional assets
- Other duties assigned by Senior Director of Marketing OAP or GM
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast, Film, Advertising, Sales, Marketing, or Digital-related field
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in marketing, television, film, sports industry or strong sales or digital background
- Must display impeccable qualities organization and professionalism in all communication
- Must be detail-oriented and organized individual able to reason clearly
- Must be able to communicate concisely with external vendors and regional employees to ensure that operations are well understood
- Must be highly skilled in the Microsoft Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Strong graphic design skills (Photoshop) desired
- Must be a proactive individual to have the insight to plan for upcoming projects and initiatives
- Must be able to occasionally travel and perform duties in other FOX RSN markets
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: 100% company-paid life and disability, 401K match, employee stock plan, education reimbursement, and the ability to design your own comprehensive benefit package to suit you and your family’s every need. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.