Adecco Medical & Science is Hiring in the Downey CA ,Area !!!
The Medical Assistant works under general supervision to perform a variety of procedures; fills in and performs various patient-oriented job duties; must have knowledge of each job; must keep updated on any changes made within a job position. The Medical Assistant may be requested to float between departments and periodically travel; process all outside referrals including HMO and PPO, maintaining accurate records and notifying all concerned parties of the outcome as required.
SPECIFIC SKILLS NEEDED
- With consideration to age, employee utilizes the approved process to resolve biophysical, psychological, educational and environmental needs of patient and significant other when administering care.
- Candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment which may include a considerable amount of walking, and physical assistance for patients.
- Strong verbal and written skills; fluent in English.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, infection control and safety.
- Current CPR certification.
- Adaptability and accuracy.
- Must have good visual acuity and motor coordination.
- Strong clinical skills.
- Basic math skills and ability to handle cash transactions.
- Strong computer skills (data entry and typing).
- Honest, dependable, and conscientious.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Record (EHR) computerized practice management and other record keeping systems.
- Bilingual, Spanish preferred.
Formal training will be indicated by a high school diploma or equivalent and graduation certificate from an accredited Medical Assistant program; minimum six (6) months of front and back medical office experience required, two (2) years of front and back medical office experience preferred, and current American Heart Association - CPR certification; must possess a valid California Driver's License if hiring into Medical Assistant Float Pool; ability to maintain composure when confronted with fast paced situations, excellent communication skills; ability to work in an environment involving a high level of activity and a variety of positions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safeguards and preserves the confidentiality of patient's protected health information in accordance with State and Federal (HIPAA) regulatory requirements, hospital and departmental policies.
- Ensures a safe patient environment and adherence to safety practices per policy.
- With consideration to age, employee utilizes the approved process to resolve biophysical, psychological, educational and environmental needs of patient/significant other when administering care.
- Essential to the provision of community benefits as an expression of our charitable healthcare mission and purpose, each manager/supervisor is committed to the delivery of high quality, compassionate healthcare and is further committed to supporting the strategic direction of community benefits within PIH Health and its affiliates. (This applies to management positions).
- Demonstrates knowledge of all back office areas within the department; be willing to fill in as necessary.
- Pleasantly greet and direct patients to proper exam/treatment room; prepare patients for examinations and other procedures; enter appropriate data into medical record (vital signs, reason for visit, etc.).
- Assist practitioner with procedures and other tasks as directed; instruct patients in all appropriate procedures; assist with restraining difficult children as necessary.
- Maintain, clean and/or sterilize medical and laser equipment; clean exam rooms between patient visits; set up and stock back office area for daily use.
- Draw and administer medications as ordered and record appropriately; set up sterile trays, procedure trays and dressing change materials as needed by practitioner.
- Handle properly the disposal of infectious and/or hazardous waste; clean autoclaves.
- Post test results and practitioner dictation in patient charts.
- Perform diagnostic tests as directed.
- Complete lab slips; collect, label and transport laboratory specimens; phlebotomize patients as ordered by practitioners.
- Schedule appointments in accordance with practitioner and/or department requirements as required; coordinate with other departments as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of PIH Health Physicians contracted health plans and which providers participate in each plan as required. Maintain knowledge with authorization requirements and the referral process as required; complete as necessary.
- Perform front office duties as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
If interest and like to have more details please Click APPLY.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please visit www.adeccousa.com/candidate-privacy/. The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records