Medical Assistant - Full Time, Days (Culver City Heart Institute Clinic)
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Medical Assistant assists patients and families in the outpatient cardiac clinic. Primary duties include taking and recording vital signs, ensuring the safety of the patient, and maintaining a clean and safe environment in the clinic. Assists with stocking exam room supplies, performing routine clerical tasks, and assisting with other related duties.
- Prepares patients for physician and/or physician extender into exam rooms. Accurately measures and records patient weights, vital signs, history etc. and performs EKGs. Assumes responsibility for maintaining a clean and safe environment. Ensures Infection Control procedures and HIPAA compliance.
- Ensures appropriate stock of supplies in exam rooms. Maintains an appropriate inventory of supplies and ensures that supplies are in kept in appropriate storage areas. Provides list of out of stock supplies to appropriate contact. Assists in receiving and following up on supply deliveries.
- Establishes and maintains effective filing systems, provides excellent customer service and telephone coverage, and completes additional clerical duties as assigned. Contacts and schedules patients for additional tests / procedures at hospital. Ensures the work area is clean, clutter free, and organized.
- Actively engages in caring behaviors, taking conscious ownership for work and takes a proactive, deliberate, and thoughtful actions regarding work activities. Demonstrates appropriate use of independent judgement and decision making.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
Minimum Experience: One (1) year healthcare experience in an ambulatory clinic setting required. Understanding of basic medical terminology required. Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job. Bilingual skills to communicate effectively with patients and families preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Medical Assistant (MA) Certification or LVN license in the state of CA required. AHA Basic Life Support required.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals, benefit eligible positions will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords:Back Office Medical Assistant, Acute Care Hospital, Admin Support, Administrative, Clerical Heart Clinic, Cardiac