Medical Assistants - are you ready to give your career a boost by bringing your talents and expertise to some of the nation's top companies? Let Medix partner with you to give you the edge you need!
Medix has a great career opportunity for you! We are partnering with a world renown cancer research and treatment group that offers employees a stable work schedule with competitive pay and benefits! Let Medix partner with you on your job search!
Job Summary: Prepares patients to see physician, facilitates lab tests and other physician orders as needed. Assists the Clinical Director with clinical duties and procedures as directed.
Pay offered for Medical Assistant: $18.00 Per Hour + Full Benefits, PTO, and Weekly Pay
Responsibilities of the Medical Assistant role include:
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments prior to patient appointment
- Assists physicians in preparing for examinations and minor procedures.
- Performs basic nursing procedures including thermal applications, non-sterile soaks and applications of simple dressing, perineal care and urine test.
- Obtains and documents patient vital signs in EMR, including temperature, blood pressure, height/weight, respiration and pulse.
- Obtains and documents patient's favorite pharmacy, smoking history, allergies, current medication list and/or reconciles the current medication list.
Job Requirements of the Medical Assistant:
- High school diploma
- Training in specialty specific assisting a plus
- One year experience in primary care clinical assisting
- Required Certification/Licensure:
- Certified Medical Assistant, current/valid CPR certification
- Preferred Experience:
- Experience with EPIC Electronic Medical Records (EMR) preferred
Medix is dedicated to positively impacting lives every day. Since 2001, we have made it our mission to be the leading provider of workforce solutions for clients and candidates across the Healthcare, Scientific, and Information Technology industries.
Our dedicated recruiters are here to help you to find and secure just the right opportunity. We take the time to learn about you, your skills, your interests, and your career goals, and then match you with the jobs and companies that best suit your needs. Whether you are looking for contract, contract-to-hire, or direct hire positions, we can help you to find the meaningful and gratifying work that you've been looking for. Let Medix be your partner as you move your career forward. Contact us today!
Once you have been a contract employee of Medix for 30 days, you become eligible for our Benefits Program. Should you elect to enroll, there are three levels of medical coverage to choose from, supplemental dental plans and term plans as well as the option to enroll your spouse and/or children. You can select the best combination that best suits your needs.
As a contract employee with Medix, you can choose to enroll in our Benefits Program during your eligibility period and enjoy:
- Minimum Essential Coverage (MEC) plan
- Two different fixed indemnity plan add-ons
- Major Medical Plans, including 1 HSA Plan
- Short-term disability
- Life and AD&D
This year's recipient of the Business Ledger's "Entrepreneurial Excellence Growth Award"
Join our network of talented professionals!