Health Advocates is seeking Medical Claims Negotiator Trainees for our main office in Chatsworth, CA.
WE OFFER PAID TRAINING!
Develop knowledge and skills in evaluating disputed HMO and PPO claims to determine main cause and develop written and verbal appeals.
- Evaluate dispute reasons and implement strategies to engage in negotiations with Plans, Medical Groups, IPA’s (Independent Physician Associations), MSO (Management Services Organization), and TPA’s (Third Party Administrators) utilizing legal concepts related to Health and Safety Codes, Department of Managed Care, Department of Insurance, and other Healthcare related agencies
- Review denied accounts to continue pursuit of lost revenue
- Ensure timely contact and follow up with related parties for prompt resolution on claims
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required; College degree a plus
- Knowledge of medical terminology, billing, coding, or insurances helpful
- 1+ year(s) of experience in a medical office setting
- Strong analytical skills
- Independent problem solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with good organizational and time management skills
- Basic office skills and computer literacy required
- Must be able to type 35 WPM