The Public Safety / Security Manager will have direct responsibility and accountability for the operation of the Security Departments at West Anaheim Medical Center (WAMC) and La Palma Intercommunity Hospital (LPIH). Manager will provide day-to-day supervision and management of the Security staff. Manager will ensure that all requirements, regulations and documentation involving the security department is completed.
The Public Safety/Security Manager will secure and protect the patients, visitors, staff, building, and property at WAMC and LPIH. Manager will investigate and submit reports on assaults, thefts, damage to personal and facility property, and all related security issues; assists the staff in the handling of combative persons and situations; and maintain communication with the local law enforcement agencies.
Education and Work Experience
1 BVP within 6 months of hire and maintain current annually.
2. High School diploma or equivalent required
3. Two year college degree preferred.
4. Two Years experience in healthcare security supervision work or related field.
5. PC 832 / Level 1 law enforcement training or higher.
6. Reserve Deputy / Police Officer experience. Can be substituted for experience with the Department of Corrections, Military Law Enforcement, or healthcare security management.
Facility Specific Requirements (facility may require items listed below):
1. State Drivers license upon hire
2. Current DMV H6 report or Driving History Report
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf